Pastacfw or gateway for n3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by lukeskyscraper, Jun 20, 2015.

1. lukeskyscraper
    OP

lukeskyscraper Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I've recently bought a new console on firmware ver 9.0 and I'm wondering whether to further invest into a gateway card or rely on pasta.
    I've read that it's possible to brick your console if you're using pasta and invalid cias, how easily does this happen?
    If I want to be as save as possible (I'm new to 3ds hacking), which one is the better option?

2. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    For you to be able to use any type of CFW on your N3DS youll need a Cubic Ninja/Ocarina of Time game card as of now.
    If youre not messing with the system files you wont brick your console. Just install .cia games as you normally would and dont sweat it.

3. lukeskyscraper
    OP

lukeskyscraper Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Thank you for your answer. I've ordered CN yesterday, it should arrive sometime this week.
    So there's no danger of the system getting bricked if I have a bad cia file? Can I install cia files of a different region?

4. mrbits

mrbits GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2015
    I prefer gateway. Sure, there are some things you cannot do compared to pasta, but everything is done with emunand so if you mess it up you don't screw your 3ds.