Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@capito27 I had exact same problem as described in this post (so it's not only one) on one of my friend O3DSXL SYSNAND 9.2.0-20U. The problem is: HBL loads well (so far 100% success) through browserhax. Then from HBL loads PASTA CFW for ninjhax 2, still %100 success. When loading HBL through browserhax in PASTA CFW mode, on bottom it loads past the yellow screen into grey screen then stuck there (Tried 10+ times, same result every single times).

Additional info: this is the same O3DSXL (the only one I know of) that can't be used the rxTools FBI injection function on SYSNAND 4.x.

Other than this particular O3DSXL, other O3DSXL work well with the PASTA CFW for ninjhax 2.

Last edited by tivu100,

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I boot my 3DS into Pasta CFW without having to go to Ninjhax every time? I have 7.1 BTW and is there anyway to make this more convenient? Like install the Homebrew Menu as a CIA file perhaps?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I boot my 3DS into Pasta CFW without having to go to Ninjhax every time? I have 7.1 BTW and is there anyway to make this more convenient? Like install the Homebrew Menu as a CIA file perhaps?
You need to update SYSNAND to 9.0 or 9.2 so you can use PASTA CFW for ninjhax 2.

Then:

1. Download the latest boot.3dsx (ninjhax 2) from https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/boot.3dsx . Copy the boot.3dsx onto root of the SD.
2. Dowload the PastaCFW files : http://jheberg.net/captcha/pastacfw-for-ninjhax2-90-92/ . Create 3ds folder on root of the SD. Copy the PastaCFW folder inside the 3ds folder.
3. Setup Browserhax : https://gbatemp.net/threads/yellows8s-browserhax-thread.398132/
4. Launch the HBL with browserhax.
5. Choose the PastaCFW
6. Enjoy!

Additionally, to use install Themehax/HomemenuHax:

1. Go to Home Menu Settings (the House icon on top left of the bottom screen) -> Change Theme -> Wait for the data to be created -> Exit back to Home Menu. Right now, it's not supporting custom themes (at least for common users) so better leave/restore it default.
2. Download the latest unofficial Themehax 1.3 here :https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-homemenuhax.398124/page-23#post-5717329 . This is untethered version so you don't need internet access in case you need to reinstall later.
3. Copy "themehax_installer" folder from inside the zip you just downloaded, into "3DS" folder on your mSD
4. Start HBL using Browserhax.
5. Install ThemeHax (you can configure how you want trigger Themehax by just following on-screen instructions. If leave default, when turn on the 3DS, you need to hold L to trigger HBL). Now you are free to delete browserhax by reset the browser.
6. To launch PASTA CFW: when turn on your 3DS, depended on how you set up trigger, launch HBL. Then choose PASTA CFW. Enjoy!

Never mind. There's still nobody can convert PASTACFW.3dsx into cia one. You still need to be in a HAX mode to able to launch unsigned CIA. So the above steps is pretty much the same thing!

Last edited by tivu100,
Reactions: Dava

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seem to be under the impression that PASTA is still in development, it isn't. Use rxTools.
I use (install for my nephews and friends) rxTools. The thing is there is someone ( @capito27 ? )wrote this for Pasta CFW for ninjhax 2, which is used as stepping stone to install other CFW (include rxTools) on N3DS without flashcart, OOT, CN. This kind of PASTA CFW is very easy to install (just copy and drag) once you got browserHax (not looking for firm.bin...).

Now I and the 1 other person (maybe more in the future) got problem, I think I should let @capito27 . A fix on this may save people a lot of trouble. Imagine you get an exploitable N3DS and you can't use this PASTA CFW to install other CFW. Then, you end up having to buy CN, OOT, flashcart for one time use!!!

Last edited by tivu100,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I update SysNAND to 9.2?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/

Few note:

1. Don't use sysupdater 0.4b
2. Make sure you downloaded the correct firmware for your region, model (O3DS vs N3DS)
3. Remember to disable firmlaunch before update if using PASTA CFW
4. Since 3DNUS doesn't download older firmware anymore, Google "[MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)". You should be able to find the firmware on that site.

Last edited by tivu100,

capito27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I use (install for my nephews and friends) rxTools. The thing is there is someone ( @capito27 ? )wrote this for Pasta CFW for ninjhax 2, which is used as stepping stone to install other CFW (include rxTools) on N3DS without flashcart, OOT, CN. This kind of PASTA CFW is very easy to install (just copy and drag) once you got browserHax (not looking for firm.bin...).

Now I and the 1 other person (maybe more in the future) got problem, I think I should let @capito27 . A fix on this may save people a lot of trouble. Imagine you get an exploitable N3DS and you can't use this PASTA CFW to install other CFW. Then, you end up having to buy CN, OOT, flashcart for one time use!!!
Well, the thing is that I didn't wrote that port for ninjhax 2, thus can't really help with that, but have you tried using the CTR boot manager to launch the pastaCFW payload? Chances are it could work, but not sure.

Reactions: tivu100

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lolzvid

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it compatible with an hax2.5?
There's an unofficial version called miniPasta that works on FW 9.0 - 9.2. There's a topic with your same question that has the version posted. You can use the search box above to search the topic (I'm currently on a phone and I can't post links here).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: