Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
For those who are interested, you can run the japanese gba games, possibly the only working dumps so far, on a euro (or american presumably) 3ds/n3ds, by running them through devmenu in pasta.

If anyone makes/stumbles upon working european (or american, would still be in english) gba games, let me know!

but please make it clear, that this is not special to this cfw :)
pbt has been able to run dsiware and gba games the whole time.

for the people earlier saying 'now' we can hack gba games, and asking about it, smealum told me it is nothing special, it should be the same as any other vc game.

i don't own any ambassador titles (having only gotten a 3DS like... 2 years ago ? huh that actually sounds like a lot) so i've never been able to take a look or experiment with them myself, so i'm not an authority on this. however, iirc the idea was that exefs was basically just a GBA rom and the exheader indicated that it should be run with AGB_FIRM. so assuming you have a proper way to boot into AGB_FIRM (not sure if any of the public solutions provide that) and a way to modify ambassador titles' exefs, it should be trivial afaik.

Reactions: Margen67

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been trying to bend roxas75's mset firmlaunchax to reboot the console (with the intent to patch signature checks before rebooting, but that's trivial with the pastebin), but so far I've failed.
I've been reading Brahma's code and all I know is it backs up the FIRM entry point address, and then jumps to it when it finishes running arm9 code.
I've implemeted that, but the console still won't reboot. I'm missing some pieces, I believe.
I'm going to bed, I'll try more tomorrow. If someone wants to help me, here are my changes: https://github.com/mid-kid/mset_firmlaunchax_4x/commit/e18fc6d0d7e09862aac0620396e01eb4d8c657d4

Reactions: Margen67 and Vappy

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
not really, afaik the issue with stuff being deleted was if it was installed in one nand, but not the other (i.e installed in emunand, but not sysnand while they where both linked), so seeing as its the same nand between normal mode and pasta mode they wont be deleted by accessing data management

OK, I went back into the trenches and the error was mine :ha:

In Pasta, when you go into Data Mgmt, you see the app/game name and the block size.
In normal sysnand mode, when you go into Data Mgmt, you only see a ? (not the name) and the block size is 0, but that's OK.
The homescreen in both situations will display the correct icon...

My error was ASSUMING that seeing 0 meant that the cia had been deleted (and so I then physically removed it). That was where I erred.

Sorry to have caused any confusion.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've been trying to bend roxas75's mset firmlaunchax to reboot the console (with the intent to patch signature checks before rebooting, but that's trivial with the pastebin), but so far I've failed.
I've been reading Brahma's code and all I know is it backs up the FIRM entry point address, and then jumps to it when it finishes running arm9 code.
I've implemeted that, but the console still won't reboot. I'm missing some pieces, I believe.
I'm going to bed, I'll try more tomorrow. If someone wants to help me, here are my changes: https://github.com/mid-kid/mset_firmlaunchax_4x/commit/e18fc6d0d7e09862aac0620396e01eb4d8c657d4

I looked at that earlier and all I saw was cryptic assembly. You can understand that stuff? :P
yifan_lu said that Decrypt9 could be used as a basis for a Spider version, but that seemed to be missing the crucial firmlaunchax part and I doubt just leaving the Reboot() at the end that's already in there will do any good.
I'm gonna have to look more into 3DS dev. I've been avoiding it up until now because everything interesting had to be done from the ground up until recently since no one was releasing source. Too much effort, and I learn better by analyzing code than by reading pages upon pages of 3dbrew where a lot of the crucial information is missing. Code written entirely in assembly scares me though :P

yeah apparently the EU/US dumped ones are bad dumps, probably where all the confusion is coming from

Hmm... I have the EU ambassador games... :ph34r:

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
And THIS gets released right in middle of my finals week
Your temptations are high, Pasta CFW, but I am stronger than this!
Also I left my 3DS's back home last weekend ;_;
This would've been amazing on my (now updated to 9.7) n3DS, but at least I get to play around with it on my 9.2 2DS XD

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And THIS gets released right in middle of my finals week
Your temptations are high, Pasta CFW, but I am stronger than this!
Also I left my 3DS's back home last weekend ;_;
This would've been amazing on my (now updated to 9.7) n3DS, but at least I get to play around with it on my 9.2 2DS XD

You just don't need to update scince you have frimware spoofing with ntr

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
You just don't need to update scince you have frimware spoofing with ntr

I know. I tried spoofing the update server using yifan's old method via NTR to update to 9.2 to do a spoofed (on both consoles) system transfer, and well, you know how this ended. I'm not so keen on piracy on n3DS and frankly I'll probably use this as a faster/safer alternative to save hacking/injections via savedatafiler so I'm good :P

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No emuNAND Support, but what works is: CN (Cartridge or Sky) > NINJHAX > PASTA CFW > CN (CIA + NTR QR) > NTR CFW = NTR with unsigned .cia Support

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will Smash work with this? I've tried two different cia files (both region free) but whenever I launch it it tells me an error has occured, yet, I've been able to launch other games just fine. (note, the install isn't the problem AFAIK). I'm on 9.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Can I hold it for a sec?