Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anybody explain why I get no display on the top screen when I start arm9payload. I have to physically hold the power button down for ages just to shut down the console. More than 3 posts now by different people with the same problem still no answer. they are all being ignored!!

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anybody explain why I get no display on the top screen when I start arm9payload. I have to physically hold the power button down for ages just to shut down the console. More than 3 posts now by different people with the same problem still no answer. they are all being ignored!!

works fine to me!!! :lol:

Reactions: Margen67

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK so I installed BBM on my 9.0 USA N3DS SYSNAND using motezazer's procedure (http://gbatemp.net/threads/pasta-cf...s-required-ninjhax.388925/page-4#post-5496278).
It unwrapped when I went back to Pasta CFW, it ran perfectly and going straight to the SD app management in System Settings, it was there and took 5 blocks. So everything was fine and dandy.

On normal SYSNAND (I turned off the unit and powered it on again), it was still there on the homescreen but did not run (as anticipated).
However, going inside the SD app management in System Settings, this time, caused it to lose the 5 blocks and it now disappeared from the homescreen.

My question: Will everything that will be installed on the homescreen (BBM, VC GBA etc) DISAPPEAR every time I go into System Settings / APP Mgmt by mistake?
If so, this needs to be fixed somehow.

Just go back into Pasta (?) and it will show the correct file size and etc. (worked for me at least...)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
this is a brand new tool, its possible there is kinks still to be ironed out, but just to be on the safe side, try following this guide, you can ignore the NTR stuff if you dont want to use NTR.......just to make sure you have everything set up correctly

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, what exploits do we have?

• Supposed Mii Maker exploit
  • MSET exploit (O3DS only)
  • Webkit exploit (O3DS only)
  • Cubic Ninja
  • Ocarina of Time
Unless you only have an N3DS, I would hardly say that there will never be a day with a CFW that doesn't require a hard-to-find game.

There are a finite no. of used games, Ubisoft stopped producing Cubic Ninja, hacks shouldn't have to require a game at all.

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
this is a brand new tool, its possible there is kinks still to be ironed out, but just to be on the safe side, try following this guide, you can ignore the NTR stuff if you dont want to use NTR.......just to make sure you have everything set up correctly

You need to turn up the volume, can't hear anything

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
For me, they actually display their full titles and block sizes.
hmm weird, you looked in sysnand right (not in pasta CFW?)
There are a finite no. of used games, Ubisoft stopped producing Cubic Ninja, hacks shouldn't have to require a game at all.
so you buy sky3ds plenty of those to go around :rofl:....ps you still won a copy of CN

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been a Gateway fan all along, but it appears that Sky 3DS w/ 9.2 3DS is the best combo, ATM.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
But no 3DS, I'm just saying is all, and who knows how long people will rely on CN for the exploit before deprecating it.
yeah, but it is what it is, at some point maybe it will be ported to MSET on o3DS and n3DS, but atm, it needs cubic ninja, its not like someone just went "right i have this working with no game required, but i know i will be a dick and make it only work via CN just for lolz"

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Could we lauch Ntr.bin directly from brahma?

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country

My setup is correct. Have all the correct files in the correct places. My firmware is 9.0.0.20E.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
this is basically the same as PBT cfw, but on 9.2 and new3ds :)
so, very nice, i hope it someone adds emunand support

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For those who are interested, you can run the japanese gba games, possibly the only working dumps so far, on a euro (or american presumably) 3ds/n3ds, by running them through devmenu in pasta.

If anyone makes/stumbles upon working european (or american, would still be in english) gba games, let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +1
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on...