Past hacker, present noob

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sirhc6, Aug 23, 2009.

Aug 23, 2009

Past hacker, present noob by sirhc6 at 7:16 PM (618 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. sirhc6

Newcomer sirhc6 Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Alright, i have searched and searched but honestly i feel like i have been away from the scene waay to long so i just want to make sure im not missing anything!

I purchased wii fit and wii resort and first tried to play resort but i noticed the disc loader (native) shows a picture saying that it will update my wii. I obviously dont want to do this as i dont know if my wii will brick!

i dont have any kind of backups of my wii or starfall..(yes that was the last time i was on here).. i think there was another safe thing like pre loader too, but i dont have either.

if i remeber correctly i have

- 3.2 u
    - 0.3 gamma loader w/ a channel to load backups*
    - not sure the version of homebrew im sure i can just click on it to get the newest update
    - i think it was my current 3.2 that i got from here and it was "safe" so i assume it was altered.. dont know if that matters
    - i might have dvdx which last time i was on here caused all sorts of problems!

if im leaving anything out i will be more than happy to fill you in!

ps. i dont have usb loader or what ever that was/is and i ONLY have 0.3 gamma, i dont have 0.1 i think it was called:P

so basically i want to safely upgrade to the newest wii system menu or at least one that wii resort wont still want to update with* and if possible make a backup of my wii which i here is possible now:D:D:D

sorry for being the 100000th person to ask this but to get it all in one place for my specific needs would be greatly appreciated!

- links to guide would be okay if you could point out the key parts i have to follow [​IMG]

Sorry for the long post!
  2. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

Jun 13, 2009
    United States
    everyone wants a tailored description for them, it is very arrogant to ask, when all thigns here work for everyone , one way or another, and you just need to read about things. nobody wants to retype the information that has already been typed before
  3. Kwartel

Member Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Apr 11, 2009
    preloader, skip update hack.