Passworded loader for R4DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by bajibbles, Sep 25, 2008.

Sep 25, 2008

Passworded loader for R4DS by bajibbles at 1:41 AM (921 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. bajibbles
    OP

Member bajibbles Ragnafreak

Australia
    This is probably nothing, but i got told there was a modified loader for R4 which had the option to put a password on the loader before you could access the files. I can't seem to find it so i have the feeling it doesn't exist, but does anyone know anything about it? How hard would it be to make? Obviously you can still access everything off the SD, but i'd find it useful just to stop annoying siblings trying to use my DS. Any help?

2. TeenDev

Member TeenDev GBAtemp's Original Hipster

United States
    no it doesn't exist. go away. lol jk, but yeah. you got told wrong info buddy, plus this isn't the section to ask for help with your obsolete R4.

3. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Ok, enough with the R4 bashing please. [​IMG]

At any rate, to get back on topic, no, there isn't currently an R4 firmware that has password protection. What you can do is on the Flashcard, right click and set the files and folders as hidden. This way, by default, they won't show up on the R4 directory listing but you can press Select a couple times to have it display all the files.

4. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    No not now and most likely the R4 guys will never make one. I may make one for myself one day...