slvrdrgn123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I will be buying my first flash kit and was wondering which passme device would be better. From the PassWe 3 review, it seems to be a very good device, but is there any real difference from any of the other passme's. Also, one of the threads said that it doesn't boot up the normal screen, is that true?

Was thinking of getting:

M3 Lite + Passcard 3 bundle

http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.ph...65p64bfa82ebdj7

or

M3 Lite + PassWe 3
http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.ph...products_id=289
http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.ph...products_id=287

Thanks.

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Either pass device works, I would go with the cheaper one. I don't really understand what you mean with the "normal screen." I think that as long as a boot device works, it is good, and since they are in a boundle, they should work.

slvrdrgn123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to find any Passcard 4 on the site. Where are they sold at?

And by normal screen, I mean the normal DS boot screen. Someone said that the PassWe 3 boots up its own screen instead of the DS screen.

Thanks for the replies.

Also, anyone have any idea when Acekard is coming out? it seems to be the best option since it doesn't require a passme card and uses micro SD also. I'm willing to wait if it's coming out in a few months.

apelete

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
The Passwe 3 does not seem to boot to DS main menu.
I have already bought two of them, and they DO NOT boot to the main menu. They directly boot the flashcart without any splash screen instead.
I do not know where shaunj got his Passwe from when he did the review, but none of my two Passwe act as his'...
frown.gif

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I sure would like to understand this whole passcard thing and know what you're getting when you order it...

How come Shaunj's review Passwe 3 boots to the menu? Yet, others don't?

I have an EZPass 3 that I got in August. It boots to the menu if the DS is set to "manual mode". I just received a second EZPass 3 from kick trading this week (expecting it to be the same as the first) and it doesn't boot to the menu (just like apelete's passwe 3s).

I had a Passcard 3 before and it wouldn't boot to the menu iether, but there is a video of a Passcard 3 booting to the DS menu a few threads lower.... WTF is going on?

Are they all using the same passcards, but with a different label and some have splash screens enabled?

My main concern is I would love to know which type is the NEWEST technology. I believe it is the type that boots to the menu and this was done for compatability reasons.

There was an update put out by G6 recently (4.5a) that would lock up the G6 Lite with a Passcard 3 that didn't boot to the menu - any other passcard worked. G6 fixed this quickly with another update, but was the problem due to the older type Passcard 3s? Will there be more issues with this type of passcard?

Kick trading e-mailed me the following explanation when I asked about this. "You state you enjoy the way the first EZPass3 works and wish that the second one we sent functioned the same. Sadly it does not, this is something the EZFlash team decided to do in their design.".

I thought the passcards that show up in the DS menu are the newer design? Kick is saying it's the other way around?

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Passwe 3 does not seem to boot to DS main menu.
I have bought two of them alreday, and they DO NOT boot to the main menu. They directly boot the flashcart without any splash screen instead.
I do not know where shaunj got his Passwe from when he did the review, but none of my two Passwe act as his'...
frown.gif
My PassWe doesn't boot into the DS boot menu either, I would like Shaunj66's input on this. Aside from that minor niggle though the PassWe is a good NoPass because it does the job without any messing with a 'splash screen' etc.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very weird guys because mine does boot to the menu.
frown.gif

Option is right there as it was in the review.

My PassWe3 came from shop.01media.com - they should have them in stock and should probably be the same versions as mine.

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@shaun hmmm, I thought the same about my EZPass 3's... Assumed I would get the same one if I ordered from the same place I got the first?

@fischju thanks. That's interesting. On my EZPass 3 that shows in the DS menu, if I hold "start" and the DS is set to "automatic mode" then it does indeed go to the DS menu and not boot the flashcard (M3 Lite/g6 Lite) - select does nothing.

On my EZPass that can't get to/show in the DS menu, start & select do nothing.

It looks like the only way to get to the DS menu with the "autoboot flashcard" passcards is to remove the passcard from the DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...