Passme sharing idea

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by FuManChuu, Nov 9, 2006.

Nov 9, 2006

Passme sharing idea by FuManChuu at 9:36 AM (567 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. FuManChuu
    OP

Member FuManChuu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So... I was sitting at my desk earlier today, and I was doing everything possible to avoid studying... and came up with an idea. I made a snap purchase, and finally bought a superkey/supercard rumble today (with plans to upgrade to supercard/m3s slot 1 when they get around to making it)... and decided the the concept of passme/flashme bugged me. You have to have a passme to install flashme, but installing flashme makes it so you don't need a passme anymore... So once you flash, you don't really have a use for it anymore. So it got me thinking...

Is this community responsible enough to share? I havent been around all that long (lurked under an old login for ages), but I'm beyond impressed with this community as a whole. I've already bought the card, so my money is already gone... but I'm sure there are still others I could help out [​IMG] I could put the passme in a regular 39 cent envelope (with a tid bit of bubble protection of course), and just send it off to whoever needed it. They can throw a buck or 2 in the envelope, and send the card back after the flash. In theory, it sounds like a decent plan... I'd restrict who got to use it by postcount/joindate/something... but is there even any interest in this? The "quality" individuals I would want to offer this to, probably have been around long enough and gone through the steps with the DS that they probably have already flashed anyway, or own their own passme... And I would have to go into it virtually assured that some douchebag would steal my card... but yeah

Anyone interested? Just shoot what ya think [​IMG]

2. wepoo

Newcomer wepoo Advanced Member

Australia
    Not wanting to be a spoiler of the fun but I reckon most online communities are much to irresposible to shrae like that. You just don't know who the fool is your sending to. So here's a better idea:
    You buy the card then sell it to the next guy for $2 less than you bought it for and itterate. Alternitivly don't drop the price by $2 each time or whatever.... just sell it on. That way it's all paied for and everyone gets their money back. And if anyone messes it up or loses it etc it's their problem.

3. kalibar

Member kalibar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, I admire your idealism but this has been tried before. We had a "PassMe Passaround" at the SA forums and the second guy who got it pretty much just kept it. Without an exchange of money, there's nothing to keep it going.

4. FuManChuu
    OP

Member FuManChuu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Figured as much... well, shit sticks.

5. thefoxhole

Member thefoxhole GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Lame... I think its worth a try I mean pay pal a couple bucks and pass it on.. You do not need it any more..