Passing of Shannon "Daffney" Spruill

DoubleDate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

My pologies if this thread is placed in the wrong section.

I dont know if you guys may have heard about it, but im really broken by the passing of Shannon "Daffney" Spruill. She is one of the most biggest reason that made me watch wrestling again after not watching any at the time. I remember briefly seen some footage of her during the WCW days.

What happened to her is so tragic, she went really through a lot and TNA just abandoned her when she worked so hard for the company.

2 matches changed her life forever: The match with Abyss, where he trows her into a barbed wire table ( She broke her arm and got other concussions) The other one is when she did a match with a very inexperienced Rosie Lottalove, she injured her really badly. Everything together caused her to retire early, all the concussions and damages done to her meant that she no longer couldn't wrestle anymore.

Wrestling was her passion and love, and due to TNA being incompetent and reckless, it made her career a very short one.

A few years has passed, outside of wrestling she was selling some merchandise from her wrestling days and was doing some interviews. She seemed happy and was working on it to get her second bachelor degree. She is one of the most kindest and loveliest person that you could talk too, always smiling and trying to do her best. One of the memorable thing that she did was letting a dream match come true for Vicky Lyons, who suffered as a young girl a horrific accident. She wanted to wrestle and Daffney made sure that her dream came true.

For me its very hard, because from the bottom of my heart i wanted to see her happy, to do something she would've loved to do, for example working on a Wrestling company doing other things besides wrestling, like what Paige did.

I have very fond warming memories of Daffney, and im really deeply sad that she went through a lot, i mean really really a lot what contributed to her passing.

If there is a wrestling person that i admired so much for how that person was , its Daffney.

If i could go back in time, i would defnitely go and make a better path for her than all what she endured.

This woman will stay always in my heart until the day i leave this Earth.

Anyone in here that has any memories of her? Any particular events that made you notice her?

If only things were more kind to her, we wouldve sure still see her doing matches in the ring.

Wanted to share some thoughts about her in here. Its going through my mind for days, i really didn't wanted her to go

Attachments

• 1630823252_hqdefault.jpg
    1630823252_hqdefault.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 70

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never seen/or heard of her before even though i'm a wrestling fan, and her short career is probably the reason why.. They say it was a gunshot wound that killed her, was she shot accidentally or intentionally?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have never seen/or heard of her before even though i'm a wrestling fan, and her short career is probably the reason why.. They say it was a gunshot wound that killed her, was she shot accidentally or intentionally?
I would hardly say it was a short career.

2 years in WCW
11 Years in a number of top Indy Companies
Nearly 3 years in total in TNA/Impact
6 months in WWE at their old development company OVH
2 years in Wrestlicious.

When she was in WCW she was hugely popular.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: