Passcard3 & Sleepmode

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Xeronage, Oct 8, 2006.

Oct 8, 2006

Passcard3 & Sleepmode by Xeronage at 7:59 PM (706 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Xeronage
    OP

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I recently flashed my DSL, and don't want to throw away my passcard =P, Could I block all pins BUT 1 and 7 to use it as a "sleep mode pass", without it draining battery power?

EDIT: Placed a sticker to cover all pins xcept 1/7 on the inside, Sleep mode WORKS, DS didnt blow up fortunately ^^. Don't know if it drains battery power.

2. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    A sticker on your Passcard and shoved it in Slot 1? Wow, thats pretty crazy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt FlashMe override Pass devices?

3. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    I read someone doing something similar except they did it with a small piece of cardboard box in another thread, good idea just a tad cumbersome to make sure you mark our where exactly the pins are.

4. Xeronage
    OP

yes Flashme overrides passcards, because it boots before the passcard gets to come into action. the other functions should remain the same =P, and no, no harm was done to my DS.

Last question still remains, does the passcard still drain power?

5. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    I don't know about passcards, but having a retail game in slot 1 definitely made a difference....and I realized that I never use sleep mode anyways, so ever since then my slot1 has been covered with a dust cover.

6. Xeronage
    OP

Unfortunately, I don't have any retail games =P, my little sisters do, but they'll cry when their Nintendogs goes missing =P. and 30 bucks for a cheap game is not worth sleep mode if I can just mod my passcard.

7. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    Well the reason I asked about Flashme Overriding the Pass is cause if you just leave it in when you put it in sleep mode, thats the only time it will be accessed, no? So thats an answer/option to your own question.