Hacking Passcard3 & Sleepmode

Xeronage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently flashed my DSL, and don't want to throw away my passcard =P, Could I block all pins BUT 1 and 7 to use it as a "sleep mode pass", without it draining battery power?

EDIT: Placed a sticker to cover all pins xcept 1/7 on the inside, Sleep mode WORKS, DS didnt blow up fortunately ^^. Don't know if it drains battery power.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I read someone doing something similar except they did it with a small piece of cardboard box in another thread, good idea just a tad cumbersome to make sure you mark our where exactly the pins are.

Xeronage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes Flashme overrides passcards, because it boots before the passcard gets to come into action. the other functions should remain the same =P, and no, no harm was done to my DS.

Last question still remains, does the passcard still drain power?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about passcards, but having a retail game in slot 1 definitely made a difference....and I realized that I never use sleep mode anyways, so ever since then my slot1 has been covered with a dust cover.

Xeronage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately, I don't have any retail games =P, my little sisters do, but they'll cry when their Nintendogs goes missing =P. and 30 bucks for a cheap game is not worth sleep mode if I can just mod my passcard.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Well the reason I asked about Flashme Overriding the Pass is cause if you just leave it in when you put it in sleep mode, thats the only time it will be accessed, no? So thats an answer/option to your own question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast