OP
Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey guys.

My friends are gonna be coming over sometime this week, and I have enough money for one game.
I was just wondering what kind of games you guys prepare for Wii parties like this.

Maybe some Mario Party 8 or RRR?

It's best if you guys can list down a line-up of games or the group of people you're hosting for. (i.e., Colleagues)

I'm open to ideas.

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Mario Kart and Warioware are really popular for multiplayer in my house.
biggrin.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario and the Olympics.

If you were never really a smash bros. fan, go for Mario and the Olympics. Mario Kart is.. basically for everyone. But you might get bored of it quite quickly.

osirisFIVE

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Senegal
SpaceJump said:
Boom Blox is awesome. Also mentionable is Mario & Sonic at the Olympics.

Boom Blox? Wow, I never actually thought of that game.
But, I'm pretty sure my friends and I will get bored of blowing things up fast.

Warioware's pretty much a hotseat affair.

Mario and Sonic sounds decent.

I just got Mario Party 8, and boy, it's entertaining.
But the 4:3 ratio frikkin' pisses me off a lot.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Mario Kart Wii
Wii Sports
Mario Party 8
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Warioware: Smooth Moves
Excite Truck
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Mario Strikers Charged
Metal Slug Anthology

Ooh, ooh and SHOVELWARE!

osirisFIVE

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Senegal
rjbr2000 said:
osirisFIVE said:

Watch this:

Haha, yeah, I figured that out before I saw this.

Hell, it's still pissing to switch back and forth.
Shizz, if I play in normal 16:9 the decorative bars at the side don't appear, I only get black-ness.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
osirisFIVE said:
SpaceJump said:

Try it and you'll see how great it is. Also it's not only about blowing things up...

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
osirisFIVE said:
SpaceJump said:

Well you picked the right choice. RRR is rubbish, you'd get sick of it after one play through which would last about an hour. No game requires any skill.

MP8 is the best multiplayer game out there by far.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Boom Blox, for sure.
Mario Party 8
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (Not the first one!)
Mario Kart
SSBB
Excite Trucks
Wii Sports

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hardcore Gamer said:
osirisFIVE said:
SpaceJump said:

Well you picked the right choice. RRR is rubbish, you'd get sick of it after one play through which would last about an hour. No game requires any skill.

MP8 is the best multiplayer game out there by far.

RRR is a great game but you shouldnt play it alone, really great with 4 players (and alcohol) same goes for boomblox (yet again alcohol makes it even better)

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
I've always preferred the first RRR to the second one myself...although you have to take turns because there's only a multiplayer per se on RRR 2. And anyone that (even sober!) can play either of these two games without laughing needs serious psychological help
laugh.gif

I've also found Zack & Wiki to be ideal with more than one player. Again you have to take turns but it really is a case of two heads (or more) being better than one. Guitar Hero is also an entertaining multiplayer game.

If you're into your football then Pro Evo 2008 and FIFA 08 are ideal...and FIFA 09 has the possibility of being the best football game ever released thanks to EA Sports 'borrowing' the far superior control scheme and use of Mii players (albeit only 8-a-side) from Pro Evo. Direct control of off-the-ball runs, full licencing, use of Miis and almost flawless online play...what more could you want..?!?
biggrin.gif

Of course, all of these games without exception are enhanced by alcoholic lubrication
laugh.gif

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boom Blox is loads of fun if you get the right kinda people in it. Jenga and knowing things down may not be so much fun in actuality, but in a game, it's surprisingly engaging
ohmy.gif

FunFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I play party games at my house, everyone wants to play Wii Sports, it's fun and all, but it gets old really fast.
Wii Play is good for 2 people, but it's not necessarily a party game.

Here's my list:
Ghost Squad
Mario Party 8
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Strikers Charged

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
A few weeks ago, I took my Wii with me on holidays with a bunch of friends and the games we enjoyed most there were:
Donkey Konga (2): It's a gamecube game, but we actually played it more then the Wii games. Very simplistic game, so also non-gamers can enjoy it. Might require some alcohol for the guys who are not so fond of hitting bongo's and clapping hands, but the girls and gamers who are used to unusual controller methods will instantly like it. Only downside is that for party's you need to have multiple bongo's.
Wii Sports: Well not one to buy as you already have it, but the game we played most of the time when not playing DK2 was Wii Sports. Tennis, Golf and Boxing were played most of the time. While most Wii owners are probably bored of it for a long time already, for party's it's still an ideal game. Easy to learn and makes good use of the Wiimote. It can be a good idea to prepare some mii's for them, cause the guest mii's aren't that great, so most of the time they were playing with the mii's of my family members.
Mario Kart Wii: Mario Kart isn't just about skills, if you're the last player you'll get the best and most fun items, so it's also enjoyable for the players not so good at games. But it's also a game which is very easily learned, so ideal for party's. I brought one Wii Wheel with me, but it's harder to do with the Wii Wheel, so I can't really recommended it for newbies. Some had fun playing with the wheel though, but they usually did better with the nunchuck.
Super Smash Brothers Brawl: Surprisingly not one of the most played game on my vacation, but one of the favorites of the people who had played the N64 version. While it's still pretty easy to pick up, it appealed a little less to most non-gamers then some other games. If it's the only game you're playing I'm sure others will get into the game too however, as it is a great party game, but other games seemed to do better somehow.
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat: While it's not a multiplayer game, this game was fun even to do in turns. Great game to show to your friends and they'll enjoy it if they play it too, but the lack of multiplayer in it make it fail as a real party game. Great for another bongo for DK2 though and great to play alone. (imo best gamecube-singleplayer game ever)
Mario Strikers Charged: Didn't play this too much, it's a decent game for party's, but not as good as some others. The way things work with charged shots and stuff may be a little confusing for non-gamers and soccergame-fans usually seem to like real soccer games like fifa/pes better.
Red Steel: The guys who were more into GTA-like games were wondering if I also had shooter games. So I put Red Steel in it and it appeared to have multiplayer. Because of the annoying controls and because being with two characters only shooting at eachother isn't that much fun, they got bored after about 10 minutes already. So fails as multiplayer game.

bytor said:
I've always preferred the first RRR to the second one myself...although you have to take turns because there's only a multiplayer per se on RRR 2. And anyone that (even sober!) can play either of these two games without laughing needs serious psychological help
laugh.gif
It may have been that the jokes didn't work because of the terrible translation, but I can't remember myself laughing because of RRR1, one of the few games I actually bought. Also the question here is which games are the best Party Games, and RRR sucks big time in multiplayer because it's just as average as the single player, but now two can do the same thing when the other is finished... hurray.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on