Partitioning a HDD which is WBFS formatted

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by stupidchavs, Feb 2, 2010.

Feb 2, 2010
  1. stupidchavs
    OP

Newcomer stupidchavs Newbie

United Kingdom
    Was using USB Loader GX (latest beta revision, think its r9xx cant rememba last 2 digits) but anyway...

I was making the best of the new NTFS filesystem support, and installing all my games that i have on disk onto my hard drive. But i came across a LOT of glitches.

Larger games like metroid 3 and COD3 just crashed the loader :\

Then the inevitable happened when i attempted to install mortal kombat armageddon, the crash happened and the wii restarted. Except this time my drive was not picked up by any program on my wii (including mplayer ce and device explorer)

Realised then that the drive had in some way become corrupted [​IMG]
    So went back into USB loader GX but and it found the drive, but wouldnt read any of the games on it.
    It gave me the option to format so i thought that would be the best idea, and was hoping for it to offer which filesystem to format the drive to. But it didnt, it just formatted it to wbfs.

At the moment i am using a crappy old computer while my other is in the shop being fixed so i couldnt use it to re-format my hdd to ntfs or fat (because of the shitty usb1.1 connections :@)

For now i am making do and just loading all my games onto the wbfs formatted drive, and everything works sweet, so i have decided that when my computer is fixed that i will use a wbfs partition for my games and make a seperate partition (probably of ntfs because of the 4gig file limit with fat32) for all my films etc.

Now here is the main part of my problem...

is there ANY way that i can partition my hdd without re-formatting it to a "windows-friendly" format and losing all my game data? (really cant be bothered to install them all on the drive AGAIN!)

I haven't yet found any advice on the internet which details the process for partitioning a WBFS formatted drive without first re-formatting it to fat32 etc.

Please help!

[​IMG]

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Sorry, but I don't think there is any program that can resize WBFS partitions [​IMG]

They should put a warning on the ntfs thing though, cause corrupting the drive is a known problem

3. mayhem366

Member mayhem366 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    'fraid not.

That's one reason why i'm sticking to wbfs for the time being, my ntfs partition on the drive is far larger but holds all the backups of the backups if that make sense.