Partitioned Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ganons, May 25, 2009.

May 25, 2009

Partitioned Hard Drive by ganons at 3:15 PM (658 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. ganons
    OP

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I have 320gb drive partioned and have 100gb FAT. Now I am runnung out of space for my wii games. Can I resize the partion with this while all the games are still there or willl i lose everything? I used EASEUS but I cant find a way to resize the wbfs partition. If I lower Fat partition it creates an unallocated partition Please help.

2. KirovAir

Member KirovAir Dutch Alcoholic Programmer

Netherlands
    I don't think that this is possible yet.

But I'm having the same issue.

3. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Nope, not possible. There is currently no way to resize the WBFS partition. Your best (and only) bet is to extract all the ISOs, and repartition from scratch. Or just delete some junk games that you'll never play.... do you really actually have over 50 games that you'll actually PLAY, that all need to be installed on the drive at once?

But then, perhaps you're like me, and tend to collect the games more than actually play them, so I can't jab ya too much. If you don't have the space to temporarily extract all the games anywhere, have you considered extracting the games you don't use often to the FAT partition and just storing them there, to swap out when you finish playing something else on the drive?

ps: The reason EASEUS, Partition Magic, or any other partition management software can't resize your WBFS partition is that they don't have a clue what it IS. They're configured primarily for NTFS and FAT... WBFS is a proprietary filesystem that has no other use than for Wii games, and will never be added to those programs. Someone would have to develop a WBFS partition manager from the ground up... but I don't find that incredibly likely.

4. ganons
    OP

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    ahh shoot, I wonder if this can be done in the future. If I extraxt iso with wbfs manager can i put it back in without problems as it wont be an untouched iso anymore