Gaming Partition software that works for 64 bit vista?

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gparted isn't booting for me o.o

i used poweriso and turned the folder into an image file, and i burned it to a cd. and yes i have cd/dvd to boot before the harddrive chosen in the bios. whats up?

m-p{3}

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Have you burnt the ISO as an image on the disc, or you added the ISO file on the file structure of the CD?
If you don't burn it like an exact CD copy, the CD boot sector might not be able to initialize. Don't extract the ISO content, you'll lose some important data.

Imagine the ISO file as a virtual CD. The only thing you have to do is to do an exact copy to a physical media.

You could try to burn the image (ISO file) with InfraRecorder. Launch it, select the option "Write Image" and choose the ISO file. That should do it.

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i used poweriso to turn the folder into an daa file (similar to iso). then i burned the image file the cd. i also tried to just burn the folder itself onto the cd, but that didn't work either

DrYHeLL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
why would a vista disk be needed now?

also da_head: you said the partition tool had limits? What did you need to do? prepare for windows 7? if so you can use it. worked fine for me.

edit: woot post #100!

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jiggah said:
I wanted to add, do you have a Vista disk? It'll be needed if you do a partition.
err i don't have one..but i just did it, and it worked? however, i have this problem now. the partitions don't show up in my computer, and when i go to disk management, i can't do anything to them..

QUOTE(DrYHeLL @ Jan 14 2009, 02:03 PM) why would a vista disk be needed now?

also da_head: you said the partition tool had limits? What did you need to do? prepare for windows 7? if so you can use it. worked fine for me.

edit: woot post #100!
i wanted to make a 100gb partition

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok i figured out what i did wrong. i forgot to format the partitions first. but after doing that, my comp wasn't booting O.O (hence y u need the vista disk). it said i didn't have an OS installed, but after rebooting it fixed itself. holy fuck that scared me :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb