OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.getinthehole.info
XP
Country
was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me out

i have a 1TB ext HDD and would like to partition it so that i can have Wii games on one side and Avi Movies on the other .

would appreciate if someone could link me to a guide or for someone to give me a step by step in how to do so ,

thanks in advance

marky

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
download modmii, run the usbloader setup guide. It will give u detailed instructions (including videos) on formatting your drive as 100% FAT32, 100% NTFS, and 50/50 FAT32/NTFS. Unless you have movie files that are greater than 4GB each, then 100% FAT32 is the way to go. Anyways, when ModMii asks you to pick a filesystem, it will list the pros and cons of each so you can make an educated decision.

markyboy77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.getinthehole.info
XP
Country
hi xflak , first of all i want to take this oppertunity to thank you for all the work that you do , i have used modmii a few times now and notice the work that you put in .

yes i have seen on modmii that you can use that to partition your HDD

what i am looking for or asking for though is how do i do it ? can i just format the whole HDD in FAT 32 and just have a WBFS folder with my games in it and movies all on the root of the same HDD without partitioning it ?

Do i have to partition the HDD in order to be able to play games and movies on my wii .

what i did previously was just have my HDD in NTFS format and i used a USB stick to play movies through WiiMC , but i read on this forum that u could use my HDD for both but i just wasnt to sure on how to go about it

i would really like to be able to have games and movies on the same HDD and be able to play the movies through WiiMC without having to use a USB stick

thanks again

Marky

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii can tell you how to do it, it will literally tell you what to click and everything, including videos of my desktop so u can see step by step exactly what to do.

If you don't have any vids that are greater than 4GB, then just format the HDD as 100% fat32, then u can use the same partition to save vids and wii games.

Please, before asking more questions, run ModMii's usb-loader setup function, read the onscreen help (including pros\cons of each filing system), and have it generate a guide. If you have more questions, please reference what part of the guide is giving you problems.

Cheers

markyboy77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.getinthehole.info
XP
Country
ModMii can tell you how to do it, it will literally tell you what to click and everything, including videos of my desktop so u can see step by step exactly what to do.
yes i have seen this and used this and the guide is fantasic

If you don't have any vids that are greater than 4GB, then just format the HDD as 100% fat32, then u can use the same partition to save vids and wii games.
Great this answers my question :)

Please, before asking more questions, run ModMii's usb-loader setup function, read the onscreen help (including pros\cons of each filing system), and have it generate a guide. If you have more questions, please reference what part of the guide is giving you problems.
i understand , once again thanks very much for taking the time out to help me

marky

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."