Tutorial  Updated

Partition based emuMMC and L4T Ubuntu on the same SD card

I take no responsibility for any damage that following this guide might cause to you, your Switch, other devices or your neighbourhood! You have been warned!

With this guide you will create an emuMMC that can be used by KOSMOS/Atmosphère and SX OS. If you don't need/want the latter, you can follow other guides for that but I'm not sure how partitioning is changed then and even if you intend not to use SX OS at all there should be no downside in following this guide as you will end up with an emuMMC that you can use in Atmosphère as well.

Since both processes
  • creating a partition based emuMMC
    and
  • flashing the L4T Ubuntu image to the SD card
are each wiping the whole card, you can't simply do one after the other to achieve this. That's why some more work has to be done.

My way might seem to be a bit laborious but it just worked for me so here's what I did:
  1. Make a full NAND dump with hekate including BOOT0/1 just in case
  2. Since all data will be deleted from your SD card following these steps, create a temp folder on your computer and copy everything into it
  3. Download SX OS boot.dat and put it on the SD card's root directory
  4. Download their payload.bin as well and fire that up on your Switch while it is in RCM and while you hold VOL+
  5. In the SX OS bootmenu click the right button and then emunand
  6. Create a partition based emuNAND from there - this will take some time
  7. After it's finished, put your SD card in your computer. You will have a
    You will end up with the following:
    [30 GB hidden partition][rest of the card formatted to FAT32 with boot.dat on it]
  8. Take a USB flash drive (!) and flash the L4T Ubuntu image with Etcher to it
    (all data on the flash drive will be deleted!)
  9. Download either a GParted live image or any live Linux distribution (I took Ubuntu amd64) and flash/write that to another flash drive or a DVD so you can boot from it
  10. Boot your computer from it while your Switch SD card is connected to the computer so it is automatically mounted there
  11. Run GParted, unmount the FAT32 partition from there so you can resize it
  12. Resize it to free up some space for L4T Ubuntu. I resized it so there were around 16 GB after it at the end of the SD card
  13. Create an EXT4 partition in that unallocated free space with GParted and hit the apply button so both operations (resizing FAT32 and creating EXT4 partition) will be done - this will take some time
  14. Download a CloneZilla Live and flash/write that to a flash drive or DVD
    I burned it to a DVD with imgburn
  15. Boot your computer into CloneZilla while these both things are connected to your computer:
    • Switch SD card
    • flash drive from step 8 where you flashed the L4T image to
  16. In CloneZilla choose the options to clone not a whole drive but only a partition to another
  17. Choose expert mode so you can untick the option (with SPACE) to resize the destination partition size to the source partition size
  18. As the source partition choose the EXT4 partition (not the FAT32 one) from the flash drive from step 8
  19. As the destination partition choose the EXT4 partition from your Switch SD card that you just created with GParted
  20. Very important: remember how the devices are labeled (for example sdb, sdc, sdd and so on)
    In my case my source device (the flash drive from step 8) was sdb and the EXT4 partition on it was sdb1
    and my destition device (Switch SD card) was sdc and the destition EXT4 partition was sdc3
    What you need to remember now is the label of your source device (the USB flash drive)
  21. Now proceed and hit Y on both warnings that all data in the destination partition will be deleted (that's fine, it's really just the partition, not the whole SD card including your created emuMMC)
  22. Most likely CloneZilla will now complain that source and destition partition tables (MBR and GPT) are not the same and you have to resolve that first
    That's why I told you to remember the label from your flash drive!
    Hit ENTER and then get into the shell/commandline and type the following:
    sudo sgdisk -z /dev/sdx
    (where you replace x by the letter that you remembered)
    In my case it was /dev/sdb (without any numbers behind it)
    Confirm all warnings
  23. Now head back to step 16 and repeat the steps to clone the drive
    It should work now without complaints from CloneZilla
  24. After that is finished, boot back into your usual operation system on your computer and copy everything from your temp folder back to the FAT32 partition that you should be able to access from there
  25. Windows might complain about two "drives" that are not readable and need to be formatted - obviously that's your emuMMC and your L4T Ubuntu partition and you don't want to format them ... just ignore the messages
  26. Download the most recent L4T update (at this time it's 1.3.1), delete the boot.scr file and the boot folder (not to be confused with the bootloader folder!), then copy the content of the L4T update zip to the FAT32 partition of your SD card
  27. On your SD card rename the Nintendo folder to Emutendo
    If you boot into the emuMMC now all games that you had installed previously are present there
    If you want them to be present in your sysNAND instead for whatever reason leave the folder by its name Nintendo
  28. Edit you're SD:\bootloader\hekate_ipl.ini to cover all your needs (CFW emuMMC, Stock sysNAND, CFW sysNAND, L4T Ubuntu, whatever else you want)
    You can find an example of mine at the end of this guide
    The emuMMC section is important as it has to be exactly like that for Atmosphère to detect it
  29. On your SD root directory create a folder called emuMMC
  30. Inside that folder create an empty text file called emummc.ini and open it with a text editor
  31. Paste into it what I put at the end of this thread and save the file
  1. Put the SD card into your Switch and fire up the hekate payload
  2. Head to emuMMC and MIGRATE - it should detect and migrate it
Congratulations, that should be it. Now you can boot everything from within hekate.
Keep in mind that the initial boot of L4T Ubuntu takes some time while the screen is black. Be patient!
Also let me give you the advice to choose different themes for your sysNAND and emuMMC. I have the white theme enabled in my sysNAND while I have the dark theme in my emuMMC environment so I always definitely know where I am.

Here's my promised hekate_ipl.ini:
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=1
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
{AtlasNX/Kosmos v13.0.2}
{}
{Discord: discord.teamatlasnx.com}
{Github: git.teamatlasnx.com}
{Patreon: patreon.teamatlasnx.com}
{Pegascape DNS: pegascape.sdsetup.com}
{}
{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
{}
[CFW (EMUMMC)]
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
{}
[SX OS]
payload=bootloader/payloads/SX_OS.bin
[Argon NX]
payload=bootloader/payloads/Argon_NX.bin
{--- Stock ---}
[Stock (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
{}
[L4T Ubuntu]
payload=l4t-ubuntu/coreboot.rom

And here's the emummc.ini:
Code:
[emummc]
enabled = 1
sector = 0x2
nintendo_path = Emutendo

I did not test that yet so I can only assume it works, but it should!
In short, from current SD (SD1) to a bigger one (SD2):
  1. CloneZilla: Clone the whole SD1 to SD2
  2. GParted: Delete the EXT4 partition on SD2
  3. GParted: Resize the FAT32 partition on SD2 as you like but leave some space at the end for L4T Ubuntu
  4. GParted: Create an EXT4 partition out of that left unallocated space at the end of SD2
  5. CloneZilla: Clone only the EXT4 partition from SD1 to the newly created EXT4 partition on SD2 (similar to how I did it in the guide above with the temporary flash drive to get Linux onto my SD card)

Last edited by lordelan,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah I did want to restrict L4T to 10gb, and have swap on the side. I think file based swap has the risk of corruption. Its been years since I’ve actually needed to have swap space. From what I remember, it was a better practice just because the data is housed and read independently from the OS.

Well, that's kind of the reason why Android has 6 freaking partitions. It's about 2-3 too many for this build though. You should re-purpose one of those for swap. :)

D

Deleted-172301

Well, that's kind of the reason why Android has 6 freaking partitions. It's about 2-3 too many for this build though. You should re-purpose one of those for swap. :)
Android needs boot, recovery, and probably the other. Those are all used during the boot process. Repurposing those probably isn’t an option. Boot contains the kernel I think. Recovery is for twrp. Not sure what the third is for, but looks to be specific to this build of android.

If down the road devs decided to write hekate to include android OS functions then I’m sure it would eliminate the need for them.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm thinking that I got the wrong information about the usefulness of those partitions then. I think you are right.

D

Deleted-172301

I'm thinking that I got the wrong information about the usefulness of those partitions then. I think you are right.
Yeah, I think the way android currently boots is it gets forced to recovery, then you boot to system. The other items are there for when they push out a new release. Recovery would be used to write to those partitions.

If hekate could take the full place of a normal android bootloader. Then this would all be easier as we could define where are partitions located and avoid all these funny little tricks. It sort of does that now, but I think we are really just forcing the android boot cycle instead of going the traditional route. I could be wrong though.

I’m sure they have thought of that and probably will sort this out as the build matures.

Last edited by ,

Halo69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take no responsibility for any damage that following this guide might cause to you, your Switch, other devices or your neighbourhood! You have been warned!

With this guide you will create an emuMMC that can be used by KOSMOS/Atmosphère and SX OS. If you don't need/want the latter, you can follow other guides for that but I'm not sure how partitioning is changed then and even if you intend not to use SX OS at all there should be no downside in following this guide as you will end up with an emuMMC that you can use in Atmosphère as well.

Since both processes
  • creating a partition based emuMMC
    and
  • flashing the L4T Ubuntu image to the SD card
are each wiping the whole card, you can't simply do one after the other to achieve this. That's why some more work has to be done.

My way might seem to be a bit laborious but it just worked for me so here's what I did:
  1. Make a full NAND dump with hekate including BOOT0/1 just in case
  2. Since all data will be deleted from your SD card following these steps, create a temp folder on your computer and copy everything into it
  3. Download SX OS boot.dat and put it on the SD card's root directory
  4. Download their payload.bin as well and fire that up on your Switch while it is in RCM and while you hold VOL+
  5. In the SX OS bootmenu click the right button and then emunand
  6. Create a partition based emuNAND from there - this will take some time
  7. After it's finished, put your SD card in your computer. You will have a
    You will end up with the following:
    [30 GB hidden partition][rest of the card formatted to FAT32 with boot.dat on it]
  8. Take a USB flash drive (!) and flash the L4T Ubuntu image with Etcher to it
    (all data on the flash drive will be deleted!)
  9. Download either a GParted live image or any live Linux distribution (I took Ubuntu amd64) and flash/write that to another flash drive or a DVD so you can boot from it
  10. Boot your computer from it while your Switch SD card is connected to the computer so it is automatically mounted there
  11. Run GParted, unmount the FAT32 partition from there so you can resize it
  12. Resize it to free up some space for L4T Ubuntu. I resized it so there were around 16 GB after it at the end of the SD card
  13. Create an EXT4 partition in that unallocated free space with GParted and hit the apply button so both operations (resizing FAT32 and creating EXT4 partition) will be done - this will take some time
  14. Download a CloneZilla Live and flash/write that to a flash drive or DVD
    I burned it to a DVD with imgburn
  15. Boot your computer into CloneZilla while these both things are connected to your computer:
    • Switch SD card
    • flash drive from step 8 where you flashed the L4T image to
  16. In CloneZilla choose the options to clone not a whole drive but only a partition to another
  17. Choose expert mode so you can untick the option (with SPACE) to resize the destination partition size to the source partition size
  18. As the source partition choose the EXT4 partition (not the FAT32 one) from the flash drive from step 8
  19. As the destination partition choose the EXT4 partition from your Switch SD card that you just created with GParted
  20. Very important: remember how the devices are labeled (for example sdb, sdc, sdd and so on)
    In my case my source device (the flash drive from step 8) was sdb and the EXT4 partition on it was sdb1
    and my destition device (Switch SD card) was sdc and the destition EXT4 partition was sdc3
    What you need to remember now is the label of your source device (the USB flash drive)
  21. Now proceed and hit Y on both warnings that all data in the destination partition will be deleted (that's fine, it's really just the partition, not the whole SD card including your created emuMMC)
  22. Most likely CloneZilla will now complain that source and destition partition tables (MBR and GPT) are not the same and you have to resolve that first
    That's why I told you to remember the label from your flash drive!
    Hit ENTER and then get into the shell/commandline and type the following:
    sudo sgdisk -z /dev/sdx
    (where you replace x by the letter that you remembered)
    In my case it was /dev/sdb (without any numbers behind it)
    Confirm all warnings
  23. Now head back to step 16 and repeat the steps to clone the drive
    It should work now without complaints from CloneZilla
  24. After that is finished, boot back into your usual operation system on your computer and copy everything from your temp folder back to the FAT32 partition that you should be able to access from there
  25. Windows might complain about two "drives" that are not readable and need to be formatted - obviously that's your emuMMC and your L4T Ubuntu partition and you don't want to format them ... just ignore the messages
  26. Download the most recent L4T update (at this time it's 1.3.1), delete the boot.scr file and the boot folder (not to be confused with the bootloader folder!), then copy the content of the L4T update zip to the FAT32 partition of your SD card
  27. On your SD card rename the Nintendo folder to Emutendo
    If you boot into the emuMMC now all games that you had installed previously are present there
    If you want them to be present in your sysNAND instead for whatever reason leave the folder by its name Nintendo
  28. Edit you're SD:\bootloader\hekate_ipl.ini to cover all your needs (CFW emuMMC, Stock sysNAND, CFW sysNAND, L4T Ubuntu, whatever else you want)
    You can find an example of mine at the end of this guide
    The emuMMC section is important as it has to be exactly like that for Atmosphère to detect it
  29. On your SD root directory create a folder called emuMMC
  30. Inside that folder create an empty text file called emummc.ini and open it with a text editor
  31. Paste into it what I put at the end of this thread and save the file
  1. Put the SD card into your Switch and fire up the hekate payload
  2. Head to emuMMC and MIGRATE - it should detect and migrate it
Congratulations, that should be it. Now you can boot everything from within hekate.
Keep in mind that the initial boot of L4T Ubuntu takes some time while the screen is black. Be patient!
Also let me give you the advice to choose different themes for your sysNAND and emuMMC. I have the white theme enabled in my sysNAND while I have the dark theme in my emuMMC environment so I always definitely know where I am.

Here's my promised hekate_ipl.ini:
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=1
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
{AtlasNX/Kosmos v13.0.2}
{}
{Discord: discord.teamatlasnx.com}
{Github: git.teamatlasnx.com}
{Patreon: patreon.teamatlasnx.com}
{Pegascape DNS: pegascape.sdsetup.com}
{}
{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
{}
[CFW (EMUMMC)]
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
{}
[SX OS]
payload=bootloader/payloads/SX_OS.bin
[Argon NX]
payload=bootloader/payloads/Argon_NX.bin
{--- Stock ---}
[Stock (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
{}
[L4T Ubuntu]
payload=l4t-ubuntu/coreboot.rom

And here's the emummc.ini:
Code:
[emummc]
enabled = 1
sector = 0x2
nintendo_path = Emutendo

I did not test that yet so I can only assume it works, but it should!
In short, from current SD (SD1) to a bigger one (SD2):
  1. CloneZilla: Clone the whole SD1 to SD2
  2. GParted: Delete the EXT4 partition on SD2
  3. GParted: Resize the FAT32 partition on SD2 as you like but leave some space at the end for L4T Ubuntu
  4. GParted: Create an EXT4 partition out of that left unallocated space at the end of SD2
  5. CloneZilla: Clone only the EXT4 partition from SD1 to the newly created EXT4 partition on SD2 (similar to how I did it in the guide above with the temporary flash drive to get Linux onto my SD card)
Ok so i did everything but L4t is not booting. When i choose to launch L4t from hekate it looks like it want to boot cause screen is black with a backlight, but all of a surtain within a second the screen goes pitch black and no L4t boot, everything else boot (cfw,ofw,emunand) but not L4T.
I did noticed also that no boot.scr file and the boot folder was not created in the fat32 partition during clonezilla process.

Last edited by Halo69,

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok so i did everything but L4t is not booting. When i choose to launch L4t from hekate it looks like it want to boot cause screen is black with a backlight, but all of a surtain within a second the screen goes pitch black and no L4t boot, everything else boot (cfw,ofw,emunand) but not L4T.
I did noticed also that no boot.scr file and the boot folder was not created in the fat32 partition during clonezilla process.
Step 26. You take the latest update anyway and put that to the FAT32 partition.
Also keep in mind that first boot takes up ages (but of course won't work without those files being available on the FAT32 partition).

Halo69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Step 26. You take the latest update anyway and put that to the FAT32 partition.
Also keep in mind that first boot takes up ages (but of course won't work without those files being available on the FAT32 partition).
Yeah i did took latest update 1.5.0 and put it to the FAT32 partition, i'll re-do the steps maybe something went wrong. Now everytime i flash the l4t img regular with etcher and at initial boot black screen there is a backlight but with this steps it gave me a backlight at 1st but then it went pitch black (like rcm mode) is that supposed to happen?
Also etcher when it creates the FAT32 partition it adds the boot.scr file and boot folder but when i did the clonezilla clone it didnt and in your steps you mention to delete those (i didnt needed to cause they wasnt in the FAT32 partition)
Also do i have to do the emunand with SX OS boot.dat? Cause what i did i created at 1st a FAT32 partition With Minitool Partition Wizard and created emunand with Hekate and then i did your steps.
Also by the way in CloneZilla there is alot of options to choose from that you didnt explain, specially for 1st user. I did choose expert and untick (to resize the destination, etc) there is some other options by default that is ticked by i didnt touch it.
However it also CloneZilla did not complain (that the source and destination partition tables *MBR and GPT* are not the same) so i couldnt enter sudo sgfisk -x /dev/sd(x)
Also i did noticed that the label from gparted is different from CloneZilla. EXAMPLE: In Gparted my source is sdd and destination is sdc
And in CloneZilla the source is sdc and destination is sdd (is like backwards) which one is right?

Last edited by Halo69,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah i did took latest update 1.5.0 and put it to the FAT32 partition, i'll re-do the steps maybe something went wrong. Now everytime i flash the l4t img regular with etcher and at initial boot black screen there is a backlight but with this steps it gave me a backlight at 1st but then it went pitch black (like rcm mode) is that supposed to happen?

Sounds like your boot.scr is the issue. You may need to edit it to refer to the proper partitions to boot.

Halo69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ocs-05-b-2-expert-param-extra.png In Clonezilla expert mode default settings do i leave those ticked besides the resizing one?

Halo69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who are having trouble getting the appropriate environment setup. I was able to get a ubuntu live cd working with persistent storage. Also installed clonezilla. Will now be able to go through with this!

I was initially partitioning the drive via the live CD... then booting back into windows... Hopefully having native GParted and clonezilla on the same OS will solve a lot of my headaches.
------------
Haven't booted yet, but here are the steps I took:
  • Use SXOS to make EmuNand hidden partition
  • Use Hekate to migrate emummc
  • Use GParted to create Ext4 partition and remainder FAT32
  • Use Disks tool in linux to restore 1.img from L4T ubuntu build to the ext4 partition
    • Disks will also let you correct the hex partition flag
  • Restore data from your backup
  • Modify the appropriate configuration .ini's
I'm on Disks tool, in the L4T ubuntu build in which folder exactly will i find that 1.img to restore? I can't find it.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well i'm looking for it on the usb flash drive i flashed.
If you flashed the usb drive with L4T, it will no longer be an image file. What you needed to do was to unpackage the L4T image file into a directory, and you will have 1.img, 2.img, etc.

I don't know what you are doing. If you are able to comprehend how this topic started, and what was said, then all the instructions are already laid out. I believe you are doing steps that have never been suggested.

Halo69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20191114_130944.jpg
If you flashed the usb drive with L4T, it will no longer be an image file. What you needed to do was to unpackage the L4T image file into a directory, and you will have 1.img, 2.img, etc.

I don't know what you are doing. If you are able to comprehend how this topic started, and what was said, then all the instructions are already laid out. I believe you are doing steps that have never been suggested.
Well i did all the steps from page 1 just like says. My emunand boots, cfw boots, ofw boots, except L4T ubuntu, i did read here that resizing the FAT32 breaks MBR in ubuntu and to use windows to resize, and yes in this thread reading thru some pages (page 2, etc) it is suggested to restore 1.img to ext4 using disks in ubuntu.
Also in 1st page mentions that CloneZilla will complaint that source and destination partition tables (MBR and GPT) are not the same and to resolve that 1st but i never get that message (after pressing "Y" for both warning it goes straight to cloning. (Im using latest version maybe its different now)
Also i choose expert mode and untick (to resize the destination partition size to the source partition size) then after its done cloning ext4 i notice it leaves an unallocated space on sdcard.
Well but i did managed to get 1.img using peazip to extract l4t image and THEN extract image again to get 1.img.
Just trying to do other steps like its been suggested here to make this work.
And last, when creating emunand with SX OS boot.dat it creates succesfully but when i put sdcard on pc there is also an unallocated space, so sxos doesnt make its own fat32 30gb partition? I never used sxos, always used hekate making myself the partition.

Last edited by Halo69,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I didn't use sxos as it seems to messy. I used hekate/atmosphere's emummc solution. The tools I used were based on Tariq's video walkthrough: gparted and gdisk. I don't know how SX OS manages partitions exactly. Also, typically for emummc (emunand too), the partition won't be a fat32 format after the emu is created. Most operating systems won't recognize it. It's been a while since I've done this setup for my switch as I haven't needed to fix or change anything, so I am becoming more unreliable as this thread "progresses". I remember when I was experimenting, I had a list of what I wanted: OFW, atmosphere (emummc), Lakka, LineageOS, and L4T.

I remember that I watched Tariq's video 1x to get familiar with the process, then I had calculate all the partition start/end points before I followed his video again. He didn't install L4T in his video (unless he updated it), but he did leave room for it at the end. How much room you reserve is up to you, and you should also consider if you want another partition for swap. I added my modded boot.scr files to the thread that work with my emummc setup, following Tariq's partitioning pattern.

I didn't touch tools like clonezilla.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: Halo69

Yamatopowa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Hi,

Is it possible to launch SX on hidden partition with Hybrid MBR on GPT table ?

I would like to set up a quad boot config with SX/Atmo on hidden partition emunand, L4T and Android. But maybe it's not possible at the time ?

Edit : Maybe someone found a better way than in this thread : "The only way i've found to setup SX+ATMO Emunand and Android on the same sd card"

Last edited by Yamatopowa,
Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

Is it possible to launch SX on hidden partition with Hybrid MBR on GPT table ?

I would like to set up a quad boot config with SX/Atmo on hidden partition emunand, L4T and Android. But maybe it's not possible at the time ?

Edit : Maybe someone found a better way than in this thread : "The only way i've found to setup SX+ATMO Emunand and Android on the same sd card"
Thx! Finally!

Yamatopowa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Thx! Finally!

So I can try this and then install L4t on the last partition ?

I guess there's no other way then ? I wanted to set the quad boot up to avoid swapping sd cards.
This method use card flashing so still needs to remove the SD.

And yet another question about linux/android: I saw that you guys are modifying boot.scr on Android and/or L4t to change the partition. Can I just change the partition path with text editor or I need hex editing ?

Thanks

Edit: What I've done so far:

- Dump hidden emunand (first1024, boot0/1, rawnand)

- Extracting all the *.img from android and l4t sd images.

- Preparing partitions on a 200gb sandisk SD using SX hidden emunand creation tool:

• Emunand______unallocated space_______29837 mb
  1. hos_data_____partition 1______________LEFT SPACE
  2. vendor_______partition 2______________1085 mb
  3. system_______partition 3______________2217 mb
  4. boot_________partition 4_______________70 mb
  5. recovery_____partition 5_______________70 mb
  6. dtb__________partition 6_______________30 mb
  7. userdata_____partition 7______________8815 mb (and 7569 after to resize to 16gb)
  8. l4t___________partition 8______________7714 mb (and 8670‬ after to resize to 16gb)
=> So i'll need to change partition of L4T from 2 to 8 in boot.scr, right ?

==> The partition table will be GPT, so starting at 2048. Is this compatible with SX hidde emunand that start on MBR on 0x2 ? Can I build an Hybrid MBR on new partiton for the Hidden Emunand (write dump on a partition and not in first unallocated space), maybe partition 9 (or 8 if I use the partition 9 for L4T) ?

=====> Maybe it's not possible because of the MBR limitations and SX hidden emunand needs MBR table and can't launch from GPT ? Would explain the flash first sectors method to switch between Android/sx ?

"If down the road devs decided to write hekate to include android OS functions then I’m sure it would eliminate the need for them."
===========> Or maybe I'll just wait for that

Last edited by Yamatopowa,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
And yet another question about linux/android: I saw that you guys are modifying boot.scr on Android and/or L4t to change the partition. Can I just change the partition path with text editor or I need hex editing ?

I just decrypted it into a normal text, edited and re-encrypted it. I posted instructions on Tariq's guide.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/setup-g...id-with-emummc-bigger-fat32-partition.544981/

I also attached files which designated L4T to boot from the 9th partition.

Last edited by tabzer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.