parrot ar drone for the nintendo 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by terrys2207, Apr 20, 2011.

Apr 20, 2011
  1. terrys2207
    OP

Newcomer terrys2207 Member

United Kingdom
    hi I’m wondering if someone can make a Nintendo 3ds app home brew or make the apple ipa files work on the 3ds if possible I don’t no if you can for the parrot ar drone just wont a better way of controlling the drone

I can sent you drone control if you need the IPA file

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Why not go on ahead and program an app that reads Win32 .exe's. On a console that wasn't hacked yet. And is so underpowered that even if it ran iOS, it'd be mega-slow. But of course it never WILL run iOS OR emulate the iPhone.

What gave you the bizzare idea that it even could?

3. terrys2207
    OP

United Kingdom
    just idea as its been done for xbox kinect

i just wondering just a ipod touch 4 gen and a iphone 4 and ipad 2
    did not no the idevices were far superior machine compared to the 3DS

4. ferret7463

Member ferret7463 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ummm... [​IMG] ok i believe we have a complete noob on our hands.... [​IMG] ok if you did not know they are months away of even beginning to work out any flaws in the 3ds there guy. I would check back in maybe a year from now and then resubmit your request.

5. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    No. Please do not resubmit your request. Because it cannot be done on the 3DS. Period.

The iPhone is a far superior machine compared to the 3DS, unless you're talking about the first one, which sure enough had a slower CPU, but you'd still need 3-4 times the FLOPS to emulate it. Which you don't and never will on the 3DS.

Wait for the 4DS. Or buy an iPhone.

EDIT: Better yet - forget the iPhone and buy a *good* Android phone for the same price or cheaper. iPhones are Apple's front statement in the idea of planned obsoleteness.

6. terrys2207
    OP

United Kingdom
    i just wondering just a ipod touch 4 gen and a iphone 4 and ipad 2
    did not no the idevices were far superior machine compared to the 3DS
    thanks for the info

7. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    3DS isn't open to the public to develop for yet.
    Try asking apple to make an app for that on 3DSWare when it's out.
    They'll say no of course, but at least they won't be male genitalia about it like the above posters.

8. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    I'm far from being mean to anyone, if you're referring to me. I'm just stating the obvious. A weaker machine cannot emulate a stronger machine. Ideas are all fun and joy, but some research is also useful when you get them.

Sorry if I came across as rude, that was not my intention.

If you have the patience, you can try "porting" given apps, but I doubt that sufficient libraries will be created for the 3DS before iPhones as we know them become a distant past.

9. Nollog

Ireland
    I don't even know what she's talking about so I can't comment on weather it'd need to be emulated in the N64 on PC type of term, or the power it would require to be copied or anything like that.

10. ieatpixels

Member ieatpixels GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Man everyone is so anal here, it's a pain to read through any topics.

11. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    no EVERY ONE IS NOT ANAL every one is fed up with the same damn questions again and again regarding 3ds and hacking. and if you dont like it here leave

12. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    If you were a doctor and had a neon green sign above your office saying "WE DO NOT SELL CARS", would you be annoyed if each patient of yours asked if you sold cars?

If you go to GBAtemp, and the 3DS was just released weeks ago, and the 3DS Hacking subforum clearly states in multiple topics "3DS HAS NOT BEEN HACKED", would you be annoyed if every noob asked "can I run X program for Y other, stronger system on the 3DS?"

13. Nollog

Ireland
    I know, right?

And talk about bad analogies.
    The doctor doesn't have a sign, he has a postcard on the inside of his doctor's office door saying he doesn't sell cars, and his office is positioned between a showroom and a car salesman's office.

14. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    @OP You made my day [​IMG]

15. totalnoob617

Banned totalnoob617 Banned

United States
    i dont think you would need to emulate the iphone ios to make an app for an ar drone ,if the 3ds were hacked ,it could be ported or just rebuilt from ground up,someone smart enough could do it easily
    im not sure if you could ge the ar app source though,
    who know maybe if enough people email parrot asking about a 3ds app for their vehicles they will make one,i mean it would be worthwhile for them to expand their potential customer base ,and considering how many 3ds will be sold ,it will like almost double their potential customers,especially since ar drone has a video game mode and the 3ds is a first and foremost a gaming device and has all the needed hardware for it to work,
    only problem is if they want to pay ninty for a licence,which im sure is expensive right now

EDIT:hey maybe they could even team up with ninty and make vehicles with classic nintendo themes
    ,like an ar drone that looks like a bowser air ship from smb3 ,
    and it could have 2 front facing cameras,and 1 down facing so it can transmit 3d video to the 3dss' autostereoscopic 3d screen,and the single down facing camera can transmit to the bottom screen,
    and a game for it too like bowsers air ship sky battle or something
    ,where it has classic smb3 weapons you fire at air ship ar drone to air ship ar drone, like cannon balls,and fire balls
    ,and have like flying fish&lakitu's and other classic stuff flying around the sky for you to shoot at,
    and then have a flying fish mini/bonus game,
    you could even have little slots on the sides of the ar drone air ships where you could slide in mini augmented reality cards,to have like ,a bigger cannon, or giant bulletbill cannon, or maybe even a pirannah plant appear to be hanging out the side of the ship in augmented reality,
    hey if the ar drone air ship had 2 cameras it could be done ,
    or a pilot wings game for it,
    they could be apps you dl from the online 3ds store,
    and maybe they could have different bodies for the ar drone that snap on and off, like remote control cars have,
    and have different ones to look like the different planes in pilot wings,
    or maybe a shell that just makes your ar drone look like a giant flying 1 up or power up mushroom,or a MK style flying blue turtle shell ,ooh ooh or a didy kong sky racing game remake,with diddy kong biplane bodies for the ar drone, ,ninty could capitalize on this big time
    damn if miyamoto was a pothead imagine what games would be like by now

16. MigueelDnd

Member MigueelDnd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    2/10. Try harder next time and you may win.

17. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    roflmao your chain of thought post is hilarious. I couldn't help wonder if you were serious.

18. totalnoob617

Banned totalnoob617 Banned

United States
    hells yea im serious ,especially if ninty wants to use my ideas and pay me for them [​IMG]
    i think it would be really cool to have ar drone that looks like an air ship from smb3
    ok half serious anyway