Park Patrol controls?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by GeekyGuy, Oct 8, 2007.

Oct 8, 2007

Park Patrol controls? by GeekyGuy at 3:11 PM (811 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    After finishing Phantom Hourglass, my next stop on the DS was Chibi Robo. I did, however, wait a couple of days, because I was still coming down off of the high from PH's greatness. Anyway, I really like Park Patrol so far. For some reason it reminds me of a G-rated Conker game. Of course, the world of PP isn't nearly as big, and there is the park focus. The controls, however, aren't great; they're not bad, but they just feel kinda clumsy, especially once you get the bicycle. The bicycle not only requires you to control Chibi Robo like a DS FPS, but then you have to use the L or R button to accelerate. I know you'd use either of those buttons to fire in an FPS, but in the case of an FPS you have a fixed camera. In PP, the third-person camera has to be re-fixed toward Chibi's rear by tapping an icon on the touch screen. I don't know, it just seems like a bit much for a game that is otherwise so laidback. The controls are really the only thing that are preventing me from loving this game.

2. moozxy

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    I thought it was a really cool idea, and the touch screen is used really well in the game.
    Anyway like I said before in another thread I really do think Chibi-Robo is a better game than Zelda:PH, which I'm not saing is bad, I just think PP is better [​IMG]
    And trust me once you get used to the controls and get further into the game, where you get better vehicles and items, the game is awesome and really addictive.

3. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    I still really don't get the whole music/dance/radio thing, it's slowed down, then it's sped up, I try to match it and I just fail. [​IMG]

4. moozxy

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    I didn't get it at first but each song has a certain speed, you don't have to speed up or slow down. Once you find the speed for the song (through trial and error) just keep at it. Also if you find your doing bad you can just stop half way and start again since it's best to get 100 and get most seeds [​IMG]

5. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    oh lol it's not that bad to control a bike
    in fact i'm kind of used to it now just wait until you have to control something with more wheels [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. moozxy

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    Haha it's true.. I'm all over the shop in the cars.

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    The bike was the only dodgy control problem I had with this, and I got used to it in the end. The rest I thought was just fine.

8. Saylient_Dreams

Member Saylient_Dreams GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I kinda think the stylus controls are kinda shoddy, controlling the car can get cumbersome, and the bike was hard at first but its really easy. To me all of these could have been done with standard controls, so it feels tacked on. But, still even of my opinion on controls, I still really like this game, and this is a game that would stay on my flash cart.

9. xflash

Member xflash Local Ninja

Norway
    man you guys just wait tell you get the cannoe it's frickn impossible (unless you have the copter chip ofcourse. up up and away lol)

10. Shelleeson

United Kingdom
    i refuse to buy the cart and have been able to buy the coptor for a few days and refuse to get that as well
    [​IMG]

11. Lawzer

Newcomer Lawzer Newbie

United States
    I adore this game, really didn't expect to. I personally think the bike is great to control, but I hate the car(wheel is very dodgy) and lets just not mention the canoe.. Other than those little annoyances I think the game has great touch screen integration [​IMG]

I actually find it easier to do the songs with sound off and just look at the musical notes coming from the flowers(when there's a gap that means bad tempo)

12. Shelleeson

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] i finished the game last night
    as in i saw the end credits although i still have work to do in the park so i was relieved it didn't end when the credits were done
    [​IMG]

13. zeppo

Member zeppo change my avatar!

United States
    The game ends pretty nicely.

when you make everything green, there are even 2 cheats unlocked. one powers up your park tools and the other skips building animations. I like powering up your park tools, because it makes it so when you cut down a flower it turns rainbow.
    also, when everything's green you can select premade parks, start from scratch, etc. it's pretty fun.