Homebrew Parental controls

tri_fin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Everytime I load a particular game I have to type in parental control PIN.

I have tried turning off what I think are are the relevant parts of Parental Controls in system menu but it still pops up.

It is a usa cia on a euro console - that is the only thing I can think of? That is different from my other games. It's Mario Tennis btw. I installed it using FBI - running latest Luma CFW etc.

tri_fin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't as the console is my daughters who is a minor and it (only) has her nintendo id on it.

Is that the only way? Why is it happening with only this game?

Thanks.

deadf1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is a usa cia on a euro console
Yes it is because of that.
Either disable PC or install cia from your region.

as to why;
Every region have different age restriction codes, since the rom for Mario & Luigi 4 in the wild is the Euro version and Thirty3Three's 3DS seems to be american the age restriction codes won't match, so it'll trigger the input pin dialog box, even if you choose to not restrict by age ratings.

tri_fin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies - I thought it was due to the out of region game & parental controls but wasn't sure.

Can i disable PC for a minor? I can't appear to be able to.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the replies - I thought it was due to the out of region game & parental controls but wasn't sure.

Can i disable PC for a minor? I can't appear to be able to.
Just go into Parental Control settings and turn it off. Not sure what you mean by "for a minor". Do you want to detect the age of the person using it, and enable if adult and disable if a child? :-)

tri_fin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's my daughters console (a minor) and she has her Nintendo ID on there. So if you go into System settings and choose Clear PC - it won't let you. Furthermore if I disable all the settings in PC the game still asks for the PIN on launching due to the game being out of region.

I think the only 'solution' is to get a EUR cia. I am surprised though.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It's my daughters console (a minor) and she has her Nintendo ID on there. So if you go into System settings and choose Clear PC - it won't let you. Furthermore if I disable all the settings in PC the game still asks for the PIN on launching due to the game being out of region.

I think the only 'solution' is to get a EUR cia. I am surprised though.
Oh I see, so the console knows her age and disables things by default. I didn't realise it did that! Very interesting. If you were content with clearing the settings - can you just tell her the code?

tri_fin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Wow - thanks for the link - really interesting page! I will check it out.

Oh I see, so the console knows her age and disables things by default. I didn't realise it did that! Very interesting. If you were content with clearing the settings - can you just tell her the code?

Nintendo knows her age through the Nintendo ID.

She watched me enter the PIN the first time it happened and then remembered it every since. I only have a few PINs on the go at any one time. She is far too smart and should not be allowed to see my PINs! Can't remember to tidy her room but instantly remembers a PIN, mmm, kids!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr