alevan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi.

I have an european 3DS which I got from my friend after mine broke.

I tried doing a factory reset, but It needs a pin, which he forgot (and to the security question, he gave a gibberish answer...).

Tried UK customer support, but they require that I send the 3DS to them, so that they can reset the PIN. I don't want to send it, as it's on 9.2 firmware and I don't want them to "accidentaly" update it.

As it is on 9.2, Swizzy-s tool doesent work, as the Enquiry Number is 10 digits.

My question is: is there a way to reset it, without sendig it to them? Or is there a way, like using Gateway (which I plan to buy purely for homebrews :D ), to reset the device itself to factory defaults?

Edit: also because I don't know the PIN number, I can't set acces points so in theory I can't enter gateway mode using the web browser.

Last edited by alevan,

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
honestly, just spend 2 hours of your life and brute force it.
I know it boaring, but it is your best bet. There is no limit to the trys. I will kick you out ever 5 or so, but you can keep trying.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is only a thought so I don't know if or how practical it is, but Parental Controls is in MSET
9.2 MSET Parental Controls is different to 4.5's version (I think)
Have you tried downgrading the MSET? (thats if its stored within MSET and not as its own applet)

Again it is just a thought, I doubt it would work or there'd be like 40 tuts on it already

alevan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thanks for the replies. I tried again with nintendo:
1.created a new mail account just for this
2. sent the request
3. when asked, I replied that I bought it newly from brick and mortar store
4. had to print out a form and sign it (the questions were: name, birth date, telephone number, email adress, the enquiry number and serial number of console).
5. sent it back via email
6. asked again if bought it new or used
7. answered again that I bought it new
8. was asked again to fill out form, sign it and send it back
9. forwarded them the mail I sent earlier with the form
10. asked again if I bought it new or used
11. sent them the form without asking, also wrote in the mail that I bought the console from Amazon, I don't have the receipt (if they asked for it I would have used my photoshop skills)
12. got the master key for today and tomorrow :lol:

so fuck yeah Nintendo UK.

Yesterday I also a mail to Nintendo USA (someone wrote on reddit that they can do it too), but I have not receiwed an answer yet... But I don't care, my 3DS is unlocked:yaynds:

gaseoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I was going to suggest something, but I saw you already solved your problem.

I had the same problem when I first purchased my 3DS, as it came with parental controls set up (it was a used cosole). I simply contacted Nintendo's Customer Service by live chat, and the person on the other side gave me a master key almost instantly and without asking too many questions (I was only asked if I purchased a new or used console).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head