Paranormal discussions and stories

MaskedRed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Saw some threads but they were pretty old)
Basically i would love to know your thoughts on anything paranormal,do you believe in them or do you think it's all inside someones head? Or maybe instead you have a Story of your own?
My mom told me once that she saw the llorona at around 13 years of age,she swore that she was flying above her(isolated house in the mountains in Mexico)and was crying for her children she made eye contact with her but immediately hid under her bed.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well I rarely had a few experiences of my own but I have seen many stories that scare the soul out of my body. One example is the annie96 story from Whatsapp although I doubt it ever happened. Now for personal experiences.

Our school has three departments: Preschool, Middle School and Upper School. The Preschool was once a graveyard while the middle school dept. was also a graveyard but for babies and the upper school dept. was once a hospital. Scary? Now me and my so called friends decided it would be a good idea to roam around the school at 3 AM so we went there but at 3:30 AM and we decided to roam around and we heard several things but we were unsure of what they were. There were also some flashes of light that some of us could see. There were also rumors around the school that there was a Blue Boy and a Chop-chop Lady in certain areas at certain times.

MaskedRed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I rarely had a few experiences of my own but I have seen many stories that scare the soul out of my body. One example is the annie96 story from Whatsapp although I doubt it ever happened. Now for personal experiences.

Our school has three departments: Preschool, Middle School and Upper School. The Preschool was once a graveyard while the middle school dept. was also a graveyard but for babies and the upper school dept. was once a hospital. Scary? Now me and my so called friends decided it would be a good idea to roam around the school at 3 AM so we went there but at 3:30 AM and we decided to roam around and we heard several things but we were unsure of what they were. There were also some flashes of light that some of us could see. There were also rumors around the school that there was a Blue Boy and a Chop-chop Lady in certain areas at certain times.

I never heard of annie96, I decided to check it out and you know it sounds really plausible because near the end the thing could of been a legit murderer and took her phone and you know, wrote what she wrote. Do you know anything more about the Chop-Chop lady/Blue boy? I personally would of tried to act cool or something in that situation but in reality I would be scared pretty hard.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This one time a weird noise woke me up in the middle of the night. It was very loud, so I jumped out of bed to investigate. The sound was a low, long gurgle, almost like a growl, but not quite. We didn't have any house pets at the time, so it was pretty worrying. I tried to locate the source of the sound in the dark, it took a while before I heard it again. I was by the bathroom door when it reached my ears - the weird noise that haunted me came from...
My stomach. I opened the bathroom door, sat on the toilet, took a huge dump, wiped, flushed the unholy turd, washed my hands and went back to bed. I've never drank milk before bed again.

Ghosts and boogie boos don't exist. The story above is fabricated.
Scary s*it, isn't it?

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come? and you've never had a moment when you're all alone at home its dark and you believe that someone is watching you but in reality it is nothing?
I guess I have but I personally view that as light paranoia rather than paranormal

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How come? and you've never had a moment when you're all alone at home its dark and you believe that someone is watching you but in reality it is nothing?
Yeah that is called an evolutionary hangover. We are descended from those that checked for the lion behind the bush rather than ignoring it and carrying on with our day.

Back on topic, so to speak, to quote a comedy sketch I once saw. Do you know what they call homeopathy that works? Fucking medicine. By similar token there is a scientific explanation for things, if you do not have one then you have more science to be done.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think I am more afraid of thinking I am alone at home while I am not. Like someone breaking into my place. That would suck :( Otherwise, I have expelled any idea of paranormal shit from my mind. I have thought about it, but meh. I'm not really feeling it.

Anyways, what the hell would a ghost want from me? What do I have that no one else doesn't? I'm one in 33 million+ Canadians, why would he choose me of all people? lol.

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had a couple experiences that I can't explain but they are rather personal, and I do consider myself a Christian so I do believe in the supernatural, BUT most stories you see on TV or read about on the internet are hoaxes. It's very difficult to find stories that legitimately document unexplained phenomenon because there's so much background noise so to speak that it drowns out the real accounts.

My advice is to not dismiss unexplained phenomenon despite how crazy many of the stories are. Don't believe everything you read of course and keep a degree of skepticism, but don't go to the other extreme and dismiss anything that seems strange/paranormal.

MaskedRed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This one time a weird noise woke me up in the middle of the night. It was very loud, so I jumped out of bed to investigate. The sound was a low, long gurgle, almost like a growl, but not quite. We didn't have any house pets at the time, so it was pretty worrying. I tried to locate the source of the sound in the dark, it took a while before I heard it again. I was by the bathroom door when it reached my ears - the weird noise that haunted me came from...
My stomach. I opened the bathroom door, sat on the toilet, took a huge dump, wiped, flushed the unholy turd, washed my hands and went back to bed. I've never drank milk before bed again.

Ghosts and boogie boos don't exist. The story above is fabricated.
Scary s*it, isn't it?

If that's a Paranormal phenomenon then I must be a really good target for the ghosts, but seriously have you've seen,heard, or anything Paranormal that gives you the chills even though it might not be real?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
wanted to read other gbatempers answers but am too tired and lazy to read the entire thread.

hoever will post what i think
i think its all bullshit. sorry for the word.. but its the best one that describes what i think
the human mind got a natural behavior of trying to explain everything it can't understand. and when it can't find logic on something that happens, it explains it without logic...
i mean.. lets say you enter a abandoned house, you open the door and as soon you do that, you see a "ghost" but that ghost in reality is just accumulated dust that was moved from when you open the door..
the brain is a funny thing.. it tries to explain, something that can't be explained. and sometimes the things are so simply, your brain doesn't understand them because hes so used to complexity..
and there is the "placebo" effects if your friend tells you or shows you he caught a flea, you start to feel itchy on your body. there is lots of times your body\brain does something unconsciously you don't notice
and everything contributes to paranormal activities.
then we get tv shows. when they basically take a dump, downgrade your intelligence and your brain enjoys it as entertainment..

i forget to mention, scaring people gives you money... as in, there are mediums, anti ghost products\services etc.. so it is an industry who needs you to believe on that crap..

disclaimer: this is my opinion, and you probably got a completely diferent one or don't agree with it. i am ok with that, but please don't get offended or start a fight with me..
if your opinion is diferent, i would like to read and try to see with your eyes, but keep it polite and cool

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last year, I went to go drop off something to my school library. No librarian or teacher was there, and on one of the mystery shelves, there was a shadow there. I got so scared as hell, but i decided to see if there was someone around in the library. No one, but a ghosttttttt....

MaskedRed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wanted to read other gbatempers answers but am too tired and lazy to read the entire thread.

hoever will post what i think
i think its all bullshit. sorry for the word.. but its the best one that describes what i think
the human mind got a natural behavior of trying to explain everything it can't understand. and when it can't find logic on something that happens, it explains it without logic...
i mean.. lets say you enter a abandoned house, you open the door and as soon you do that, you see a "ghost" but that ghost in reality is just accumulated dust that was moved from when you open the door..
the brain is a funny thing.. it tries to explain, something that can't be explained. and sometimes the things are so simply, your brain doesn't understand them because hes so used to complexity..
and there is the "placebo" effects if your friend tells you or shows you he caught a flea, you start to feel itchy on your body. there is lots of times your body\brain does something unconsciously you don't notice
and everything contributes to paranormal activities.
then we get tv shows. when they basically take a dump, downgrade your intelligence and your brain enjoys it as entertainment..

i forget to mention, scaring people gives you money... as in, there are mediums, anti ghost products\services etc.. so it is an industry who needs you to believe on that crap..

disclaimer: this is my opinion, and you probably got a completely diferent one or don't agree with it. i am ok with that, but please don't get offended or start a fight with me..
if your opinion is diferent, i would like to read and try to see with your eyes, but keep it polite and cool

See that's the thing though Paranormal, it's suppose to be something you can't really explain, nor is it something you can say that doesn't exist. Most of the time the things you read or hear are based on other testimonies and you frankly don't know if they are telling the truth. That's the beauty, trying to figure out if its true or not and when you do you either Rub it it to those who believed it or finally putting your weary head to rest because you finally figured out one the worlds biggest mysteries.

Reactions: migles

lampdemon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Back on topic, so to speak, to quote a comedy sketch I once saw. Do you know what they call homeopathy that works? Fucking medicine. By similar token there is a scientific explanation for things, if you do not have one then you have more science to be done.

On topic:
Back when I was younger I used to believe all that paranormal shit, mainly cause I was raised by a religios family. Life is too hard now to believe that shit.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On Christmas Eve about 5 years ago, my family and I got into a huge pileup on a bridge as we were about to cross the border from Oklahoma to Texas due to a heavy blizzard. When we crashed, I lost consciousness, and I saw a woman who seemed to be coming towards me, with a light radiating from behind her. She was the most beautiful looking person I had ever seen, and she grabbed me and held me tight, told me that everything was going to be alright. We were both naked, and I was getting really cold. As I regained consciousness, there was a police woman there asking me if I was hurt and if I was alright, there was blood on my shirt and on my hand but I didn't seem to have sustained any sort of injury or wound for some reason. We ended up getting a ride in a police car because our car was totaled, along with several others. They dropped us off at a nearby Holiday Inn and gave us stuffed pandas wearing the Oklahoma police badge, and we had a pretty depressing and awkward dinner at IHOP.

Other than this particular event, I have yet to have anything happen to me that was not able to be explained logically. I don't know where the blood came from, as none of us were injured in any way, and for some reason it was only on me. Some might call it a miracle or something, but I just thanked the police and the firefighters who helped everyone get assistance, and Toyota for making a car that kept my family and I safe, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    No...I need help to resolve this situation. MOTHERFUCKER
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    putting me into a shrink is not going to help anyone but *THEM*
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Poor Leo. Everyone out to harm you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes see? the fault is within you
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Same here, I struggle too. Its highly suggested to maybe take a break from the site just to calm down.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and ones like yuou
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so leave me alone and stop sending me pms
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    you started
    Im pretty certain most people here, Leo, don't believe much of what you say about your situations, if anything at all.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    you sent me pm and brought me up here
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    stupid motherfucker
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea...you don't want to hear the truth
    Yeah. After you litter the forum with your sob stories. Im calling you out.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    then mind your own business
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    otherwise fuck off
    Show us some proof. Lets see police reports, court documents, video and/or audio recordings, etc. etc.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I already did show part of it, you ridiculed me instead
    Like I said, people with criminal records tend to play the victim an awful lot. Thats all the more im going to say
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtek? who's he? never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: bunch of bullies