Status
Not open for further replies.

jaimeld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be something like this but not bad...

????\x0001???\x0001????\n?????????\x0001??????\n???\x0001????????\n????\x0001????\x0001??????\n???\x0001???\x0001????????\n????\x0001???????\n?????\x0001????\x0001?????

Seki Noi \ x0001 among \ x0001 a Mysterious \ n lithograph Puzzles \ x0001 the discoverer \ n it \ x0001 where I you take \ n suddenly \ x0001 in the earth's surface \ x0001's leisure hole \ n in the \ x0001 in the room \ x0001 had oversight! \ n coming right \ x0001 ancient Kino Ise \ n of surprise \ x0001 the verge \ x0001 It's there

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaimeld said:

????\x0001???\x0001????\n?????????\x0001??????\n???\x0001????????\n????\x0001????\x0001??????\n???\x0001???\x0001????????\n????\x0001???????\n?????\x0001????\x0001?????

Seki Noi \ x0001 among \ x0001 a Mysterious \ n lithograph Puzzles \ x0001 the discoverer \ n it \ x0001 where I you take \ n suddenly \ x0001 in the earth's surface \ x0001's leisure hole \ n in the \ x0001 in the room \ x0001 had oversight! \ n coming right \ x0001 ancient Kino Ise \ n of surprise \ x0001 the verge \ x0001 It's there

That's one dirty Pikachu.

I doubt this patch will work. Odds are the translated text will be longer than the original text. This whole thing is sloppy, unthought, unpolished, and shoddy.

Kitty_fields

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This... is not going to turn out well. The entire game is written in kana as opposed to kanji, and even WITH kanji there are SO many different meanings for one word, never mind with the ambiguity of just using kana. And... Google Translator just sucks period. Especially with a language liek Japanese, which is so grammatically different from English that it's not even funny.

While the translation will inevitably suck, I guess I do appreciate the effort. Chug on, guys. Chug on.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
jaimeld said:

I doubt this patch will work. Odds are the translated text will be longer than the original text. This whole thing is sloppy, unthought, unpolished, and shoddy.
I don't want to be rude or to get banned or anything but why are you so neggative toward everything?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
jaimeld said:

I don't want to be rude or to get banned or anything but why are you so neggative toward everything?

Partly because I get 10x more pissy on the internet, the large biblical flood of dumb dumbs we get here daily, and the bundles of school work I get. The whole cockslapping battle between translations also doesn't help. Also, I'm pretty nice to some people, actually, I'm only pissy to stupid people, such as whatever dumb dumb thought that this was a good idea.

You won't get banned or warned, it was a good question
tongue.gif

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok now i got what you mean. School work really is a pain. It makes up for everything lol. BTW I'm reading this over and it sounds sarcastic but it's not. I'm serious i freaking hate schoolwork. I still have to do my stupid homework.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
Ok now i got what you mean. School work really is a pain. It makes up for everything lol. BTW I'm reading this over and it sounds sarcastic but it's not. I'm serious i freaking hate schoolwork. I still have to do my stupid homework.

Yeah. I get poorly translated manuscripts from old Greek guys I have to read, annotate, and write a bunch of paragraphs on on a weekly basis. First Aristotle, now Machiavelli. What kind of torture is this?

And why do I keep replying? Because...

A) I hate stupid ideas and insist on using my fingers to shoot them down. Pew pew.
B) I can't resist a good catfight.
C) It's human nature to like a good fight. That's even more the case when you know that person can't beat your ass if it gets too heated. Although a good fist fight does get the anger out now and then.

Oh Really?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lahiho said:
You could just, you know, not reply and not bring a downer on everything

Honestly, I find all of his replies hilarious and I usually always agree. He doesn't bring a downer on everything, he just says what needs to be said instead of adding on to the stupidity of the OP (usually its something like this)
smileipb2.png

Kitty_fields

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
jaimeld said:

Just for the heck of it, I went and translated this properly to show just how shoddy this translation will be:

"I found a mysterious slate puzzle in the ruins.
When I solved it, a hole suddenly appeared in the ground!
I fell down into a room beneath the hole.
It's just like an old ruin to have such an amazing mechanism in it!"

Or, for a more liberal translation that more accurately captures the feeling of that last Japanese sentence,

"I feel like I was in an Indiana Jones movie."

As compared to the Google tranlastion of:
Seki Noi among a Mysterious lithograph Puzzles the discoverer
it where I you take suddenly in the earth's surface leisure hole
in the in the room had oversight!
coming right ancient Kino Ise of surprise the verge It's there

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
Scott-105 said:

Yeah. I get poorly translated manuscripts from old Greek guys I have to read, annotate, and write a bunch of paragraphs on on a weekly basis. First Aristotle, now Machiavelli. What kind of torture is this?

And why do I keep replying? Because...

A) I hate stupid ideas and insist on using my fingers to shoot them down. Pew pew.
B) I can't resist a good catfight.
C) It's human nature to like a good fight. That's even more the case when you know that person can't beat your ass if it gets too heated. Although a good fist fight does get the anger out now and then.
sumo-internet-fight.gif

Dizzy Doom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I don't get why you complain.. Playing a engrished out Pokemon game beats trying to understand a kana-only text (kanji may be hard, but at least it removes some ambiguity). I mean, look at the posibilities:

Paul beat me
\/
ポール私に勝った。
\/
I won the pole.

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking that google translate did a good enough job that the engrish generated could be worked into proper English without much effort, but after reading all 7 pages of this I clearly see where I was wrong. BTW I am not a fan of Pokemon but I was intrigued by this idea. I would like to see how this turns out. Good luck guys.

post353

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OMG THIS IS GONNA BE THE BEST "TRANSLATION"EVER. MAYBE THEY CAN CALL IT POKEMON GOOGLE! lmao! I can't wait for the lolz like..

Silver : Get out way of wimp are fight pokmon! battle!

D

Deleted User

yeah the translating the text itself is the hardest part, if it was easy everything would be done by now because of thenewpoketext. If google translate was spot on correct, the game would've been translated in a couple days by any random dude who knows how to use thenewpoketext. I wish you the best of luck but in the end the text will no way be readable, but more like random english words jumbled up throughout the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or... +1