Paper R2-D2

Discussion in 'GBAtemp Art Studio' started by Endogene, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Endogene
    OP

Endogene GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2008
    France
    brittany
    So instead of learning hard for my math finals (which went surprisingly well) i made me this paper R2D2
    It was in an article by gizmodo some weeks ago and i decided to give it a go, it took me pretty long to cut out all the pieces and glue it together

[​IMG]

The legs and the head are actually articulate, so you can change its stance to your wish (stopmotion comes to mind)

[​IMG]

My version is actually twice the size of the original stencel, i printed every page of the stencil on a 2x2 paper
    And trust me the bigger the better because their are a lot of tiny details in this paper craft, really a lot
    printin it on a 3x3 paper should be easier to glue, i really cant understand how they managed to glue all the tiny bit with the original size...

Here's a link to the template for those who want to try it out
    http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~sf-papercraft/.../r2d2/r2d2.html

Also check out the gallerie, there are some great star wars template and even a delorean
    His original creations are as impressive

Pro tip: don't play with the glue

2. Monster On Strin

Monster On Strin GBAtemp Fan

Jun 19, 2008
    United States
    The other side of the internet
    cool but dont think i would make that

3. Jax

Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Jul 31, 2006
    Portugal
    L.A.V.
    Nice job!
    The only papercraft I've done was a tiny Weighted Companion Cube. [​IMG]

Now do a real size AT-AT!

4. Endogene
    OP

Endogene GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2008
    France
    brittany
    it would have been easier than this small one thats for sure, making a dome out of paper is hell when its a small piece of paper

edit: wow thought you said real size r2D2, ATAT is sort of out of my league really

5. Smef

Smef The GbaTemp Hitchhiker

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2002
    United States
    Researching for The Guide
    I made a papercraft goomba a few years ago, as well as some airplanes. Unfortunately, my dorm was broken into and my papercraft models were all crushed. I haven't made anything since then, but this is reminding me of how fun it is to make things. Maybe I'll give it another go. [​IMG]

6. distorted.freque

distorted.freque I'm getting mixed signals here!

Jan 31, 2008
    Canada
    Right about...here.
    :3 It looks pretty awesome. Wish I could do stuff like that...

7. matriculated

matriculated GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    I have tons of papercraft bookmarked but I'm too lazy to build them! Good for you! [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice