Hacking Paper Mario

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Right and wrong, it seems there are actually two revisions of the 2.1E firmware. The older one gets bricked, the newer one (released with Everybody Votes, IIRC) does not.

darrrren

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the thing is if you have 2.2 you know it will be ok. where as if you only have 2.1 your always going to be taking a risk. its like finding a gun and putting it to your head and pulling the trigger. if your lucky enough for it not to be loaded you will be ok.

Blacktear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is your wii a pal one? If it is there's no reason to fear a pal update, games don't update do previous firmware versions, at least i don't think so, going to check that when i get home

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just boot your wii without a game, connect to Wiiconect24 and update system. Keep doing it untill it says "no further updates/console has latest updates" mine updated to v2.2e (Pal Wii w/wiikey installed) and its fine.

I play SPM fine, no bricks. Not tried Mario Strikers yet, d/l'ed it last night but I got another 5 hours of work left before I can go home and burn it!!!
cry.gif

If you dont have internet access, could you not take your wii to a friends house with wi-fi and connect & update to 2.2 there? Thats what I'd do rather than risk bricking my beloved little white box of fun
cool.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended