Status
Not open for further replies.

guedesbrawl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sometime ago,i decided i wanted to play paper mario on my wii.i donwloaded the rom,and the game worked ...but there was some flashes in the screen that made me avoid the game altough i could play it.

yesterday i found a way to fix that,by activating the FB textures option,so i tried it again,but the emulator couldn't load inside peach's castle (black screen,with music)

i tried lot of roms.pal,ntsc and even the rom that i used before,that didn't froze in that part, but none of then worked

i really wanna play this game in my wii,BUT I HAVE NO WAY OF USING THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE.so i really need help on that

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I heard that's a bug with no fix, you could wait for a new version. Or buy the virtual console release, works fine!

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its either virtual console or bust my friend, the only other alternative is waiting for an update to wii64, but as far as i have seen even most pc emus have trouble with the games graphics

PrinceNOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clarky said:
its either virtual console or bust my friend, the only other alternative is waiting for an update to wii64, but as far as i have seen even most pc emus have trouble with the games graphics
I've played papermario64 like years ago on project64 on pc, no graphical glitches or anything.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PrinceNOOB said:
clarky said:
I've played papermario64 like years ago on project64 on pc, no graphical glitches or anything.
Really... care to tell us which version and what plugin?? Having had experience with N64 emus on a pc since 3DFX cards were the rage (yeah, THAT far back lol!) I can tell you you're mistaken.... latest PJ64, any of the best plugins, Paper Mario STILL flickers.....
You've got Wii64 guedesbrawl, so you've hacked your Wii - naughty boy! - why not be a wee bit naughtier and 'acquire' the wad file, but of course paying for it once you've remembered how good it is - naturally....
wink.gif

(this was one particular VC game I had no qualms shelling out for though!)

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PrinceNOOB said:
clarky said:

hence why i said most, not all. but for shits and giggles lets remember project 64 is not open source

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you can do is play paper mario with the interpter core until you get passed peaches castle, save it. Then play paper mario in dynarec mode.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Naughty little bumper!
tongue.gif

How did you try to save? The regular game method? Maybe you could try the emulator's save state function instead - less chance of a crash there....
If that doesn't work - tough! Get it on VC instead..... I'm gonna guess the rest of us on here play the VC version anyway....

guedesbrawl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
right,i noted that every rom crahshes around the same part

by switching roms and cpu cores,with the help of save states i was able to get past that,but now it freezes in the first battle,after jr troopa power ups himself

what i really want is a way to play it ithout crashes,just like i did on my first attempt.

guedesbrawl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
whoa,sorry for bumping twice in a row,i was searching for my bump,but didn't noticed it was in the 2nd page

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
1) Stop bumping, it's against the rules AFAIK.
2) Play the freaking Virtual Console version. Clearly you have a modded Wii, so why not save yourself the trouble of waiting for the next Wii64 release and download the damn WAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16