Paper Mario is the next Nintendo 64 game to be added to the Nintendo Switch Online lineup

Owners of the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack plan will be able to play a new addition to the Nintendo 64 library. On December 10th, Paper Mario will be playable through the subscription service, bringing the Nintendo 64 offerings to a total of 10.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think the reason they are only adding one game after two months is because they know they won't have a lot of games to add over the lifetime of this service. Do you remember the N64 catalog on the Virtual Console? It was quite small compared to other platforms.

And considering that they clearly don't care about improving the value and overall quality of service (that is, licensing more games from other publishers and developing good emulators for each one of them) it just makes the situation even worse.
yeah i bet they have at most like 20 games to add to the list so if they add 1 per month or even 1 every two months or so they can make those last like a year or 2 and in 2 years we will probably get an announcement of switch 2 or next switch or whatever by then and people wont care anymore imo.

Heck if they add like 1 n64 one month then 1 genesis the next and so on they can make those 20 games last like 4 years if they want to lol.

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Paper Mario so early is nice, but not with the NSO N64 emulation. I can‘t even enjoy Yoshi‘s Story because of the random stutters and input lag :(
Genesis works well though - fix your shit Nintendo!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Paper Mario so early is nice, but not with the NSO N64 emulation. I can‘t even enjoy Yoshi‘s Story because of the random stutters and input lag :(
Genesis works well though - fix your shit Nintendo!

I hope they release an update with fixes.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Hey kids, we know our online game system is complete garbage, but if you give us more money, we'll throw in a barely functional Paper Mario emulation port~ Heh? Heh? Whaddya say?"

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Back when interest in 3DS homebrew led me to registering here I couldn't help notice how bombastic and OTT some of the criticism towards Nintendo was. You had people chatting shit left and right as if Nintendo had personally assaulted them and stolen their sweets. It was a bit odd but added to the anarchic, entertaining charm this community had. I didn't know where the anger came from.

Today I pretty much loathe what Nintendo have become with the success of the Switch, and their shenanigans over the last 18 months but ESPECIALLY with this appalling programme of awfully emulated overpriced rentals that takes a huge toxic dump on the legacy of the N64 is what finally turned me into what naïve me of 2014-2015 didn't understand.

So basically, Paper Mario eh Nintendo? You want some kind of kudos for picking that beloved game out of the library?

Stick it up your rotten arse.

Fix your shit.

Stop being so goddamed lazy all the time and putting your investor dividends over everything else.

Invest some of your billions into improving emulation quality rather than giving your most unfairly maligned legacy platform (IMO) the roughest ride it's ever gotten.

You make me fucking sick.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have a source behind that claim?
behind what claim? just look at some old zelda 64 concept art or the famous gamcube tech demo and u know what i mean and the other thing with the dark concept is too scary was from an interview (i think it was the 25 anniversary interview but im not sure)

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
behind what claim? just look at some old zelda 64 concept art or the famous gamcube tech demo and u know what i mean and the other thing with the dark concept is too scary was from an interview (i think it was the 25 anniversary interview but im not sure)
So, do you have an actual source to back this up? I can claim a statement like "Nintendo's higher ups thought there were too many dark, serious games out there and didn't want to add another one to the pile" with the evidence you provided, but I could be just as incorrect as you could be, unless either of us comes up with a source behind our claims.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, do you have an actual source to back this up? I can claim a statement like "Nintendo's higher ups thought there were too many dark, serious games out there and didn't want to add another one to the pile" with the evidence you provided, but I could be just as incorrect as you could be, unless either of us comes up with a source behind our claims.
yeah lemme just grab my allmighty book of sources where i wrote down all of the sources of statements that i came across in my lifeime *irony off first of all its not my claim its a statement that i regurgitate from one of thousands yt videos ive watched next thing if u so interested in this why dont u crawl through all eiji aonuma interviews from 2013-2021 where he got asked about the art choices ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game may be a nice change of pace as I doubt I'll beat what I'm playing by then. I was just playing oot a few minutes ago. I'm a ways into the fire temple, got the map, compass, and special item for the stage (just got this), and I have several keys. I think I may be nearing the boss, which I'll see if I can get to tomorrow. almost all of my switch games are downloaded (about 80GBs of space left where all of them should be 14GBs or less). :D

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just one game compared to at least 3 given by Playstation for the same price. Then Nintendo wonders why people hack their shit.
Yea. And instead of offering more features to stop people from hacking their switch they just ban people (not always bad to do, like in the case of cheating online) that still doesn't entirely kill interest in hacking their Switch.

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Too bad their last video had youtube get rid of the dislike button.

Nintendo has a track history of not emulating this game well. This will be interesting.

Personally I'd have wished for this to get the same SM64 3D All-Stars treatment since it really could do with some cleaning up of its 2D assets.
I mean even then All stars came in a full priced limited run deal that gave you worse performance then running Dolphin.

"Nintendo has a track history of not emulating this game well. This will be interesting."

I mean the NSO N64 emulation is so bad at this point that even the decade old Wii VC is still better then it and even then that emulator was just okay.

A youtube video from Nerrel link -> () showcased the various amount of glitches and bugs in the emulation that again, still sucked compared to Wii VC & Project 64.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: