1. 5,068

Front-page
    QUifdlG.png

Just as promised, Panzer Dragoon: Remake got a comprehensive update that makes numerous changes to the game. A v1.3 update is available in all regions except Japan, and adds improvements such as 60fps support, gyro controls, HD rumble, less input lag, a better targeting system, cheat codes, an episode 0, and much more, as noted in the changelog. Lastly, there's also a bonus for those interested in picking up the game on the Nintendo eShop; the game is 20% off if you own any of the publisher's--Forever Entertainment--games already.

:arrow: Source
    :arrow: Panzer Dragoon: Remake Review

2. Discussion (24 replies)

3. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    This remake was such a disappointment.
    60fps is nice, I just hope the controls are better now too.

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee likes this.
  4. gblock247

gblock247 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    anyone running on 9.2.0 and getting "A system update is required in order to use this software"? There's no way to circumvent this is there?

5. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    I think you can unpack and repack the update for lower fw version string. I’ll look into it.

simbin likes this.
  6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Cheat codes you say? Now this game I never played suddenly got more interesting. :creep:

Jonnysert likes this.
  7. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Lots of good improvements, but this might prove to be the best of them. Should make things more interesting, at least.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  8. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Wow, didn't even know this game was out!

9. DaFixer

DaFixer Dare to be stupid

Netherlands
    Do you have a guide for this?

10. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I never played any of these games.

All I know is Zwei (and Orta?) are supposed to be good. And that this remake is supposed to be bad.

11. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I havent played any of these either but judging off the footage and gameplay your money is better spent on an indie game like ex zodiac
    if you want a 3d shmup go there, panzer dragoon looks like a starfox ripoff

12. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

United States
    Glad to see some continued support at least. I'll pick it up on sale someday, but would be more excited for Saga, even if it were just a port.

13. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    they fixed controls, improved fps, added gyro and even an episode zero so now its preety decent.

14. keegokahgo

keegokahgo Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The gyro controls are straight trash. They aren't "true" gyro controls, in the sense that tilting up simulates pushing the control stick up so it doesn't reset back when you go back to resting, and you have to sort of fight it to go in the opposite direction. It feels pretty wonky and for some reason my x-axis is reversed (playing hand held with the joycon).

Other than that, good on them for adding features that should have been there from the start. Too little too late, though.

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee likes this.
  15. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
  16. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    For the record, Panzer Dragoon was inspired by Starblade, not Star Fox. According to that wiki, Star Fox was also inspired by Star Blade.

Last edited by hippy dave, May 16, 2020
    tatumanu, DaFixer and KiiWii like this.
  17. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    seeing gameplay of it starblade mechanical wise is very diferent its just a standard rail shooter which means you are the screen itself, you cant dodge or move or have a character its no diferent from oldshcool 2d texture rail shooter before imo.

while on starfox while its a rail shooter you have a character that can move on the screen to avoid hits and so on, starfox is basicaly an on rails shmup where you need to avoid and protect your craft, its clearly diferent and that was what panzer dragoon made even the lock on missiles and such, unless starblade was just inspiration for the sci-fi setting on starfox becuase i can see that, it looks like the whole ships engines and such inspiration because mechanical wise its the same as any rail shooter from back then like star wars arcade, jurassic park shooters and so on.

whilei dont see any inspiration of this game on panzer dragoon, there is no visual asthetic resemblenses and its not a standard rail shooter mechanical wise either so im at a loss at what inspired panzer dragoon here, or if they didnt want to admit they were inspired by the competition since they were rivals back then.

Last edited by pedro702, May 16, 2020
  18. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

wait i thought that this game was gonna release in late 2020

19. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    nope its already out for some time, LRG even did a physical switch release which is in production and everything.

Deleted User likes this.
  20. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    Had a few goes on this update, is better now (this is really how it should've been released though). Gyro option as mentioned above is garbage, but at least they tried! :lol:
    Am feeling a bit more confident about the Zwei remake now at least.

21. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Going to give this a try soon .. great to hear it has improved upon things a bit :D

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - improvements, available, Dragoon