Pangu iOS 7.1-7.1.1 Untether Jailbreak released

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Gh0sti, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Gh0sti
    OP

Gh0sti iOS Guru

Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Inside you, all around you
    [​IMG]
    Out left field and New Jailbreak team by the names of Pangu Team came out with a solution to jailbreak iOS 7.1-7.1.1. The only problem is know one knows who this team is, they are not the Evad3rs we have come to know. Turns out they are a group of Chinese hackers who came together under i0n1cs (Steffan Esser) classes that teach how to exploit iOS. i0n1c couple years ago created an untether jailbreak that lasted from 4.3.1-4.3.3. Soon after his jailbreak was patched he hasnt released a jailbreak to the public in years. He hates the community and every time theres a new iOS version or new iDevice, he will go on Twitter to show off his skills of jailbreaking and not release his tools to the public. So instead he has a class once a year teaching people who pay him ($1k-2K) how to exploit and how the previous jailbreak worked.

The PanguTeam used a couple of known vulnerabilites that Apple has known for awhile along with a bug that i0n1c taught the class how to use recently. One of the more interesting things is that this jailbreak isn't a truly legal one due to the fact it has to use a revoked Enterprise Certificate to do the injection vector for the exploit to begin (using an app again to run the exploit).

1. Luckily it doesnt contain malware of any sorts,
    2. If your going to jailbreak dont leave the box checked it will install a 3rd party chinese pirate app store
    3. after you jailbreak you will need to remove ppsync which is isntalled automatically and it will break your stock apps like weather app and notes app

source: http://pangu.io/

2. Sheimi

Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Oct 22, 2009
    United States
    I was wondering when this will come. I will jailbreak my ipod touch later on.

3. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    did 7.1.1 even add new features?? i used evad3rs jailbreak on 7.0.something and all seems well. my son mainly uses the ipad so i dont think updating is a big deal most likely.

4. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    Yeah I did this asap, bought a refurbed 5th gen touch that was on 711, squatting in the freemium ghetto, eyes peeled for pay apps on sale for free. But now I'm a jailbroken Christlord, just now discovering my disappointment over TWEWY not compatible with the 16 gig model with no camera. That's fucking great.