Panel de Pon DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by ambitous21, May 3, 2007.

May 3, 2007

Panel de Pon DS by ambitous21 at 11:06 AM (797 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. ambitous21
    OP

Member ambitous21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    is anyone still playing this game?
    I gave it a real test yesterday and have been hooked since then.. it was good enough to make me break way from pokemon [​IMG]
    well at first it was slow and chunky but after figuring out the options i think its great now.
    i can now move the screen up instead of waiting for blocks to clear. this makes it much faster and fluid.
    and playing at the really high levels makes it REAL fast. (try stage clear level 6-5, i just beat it [​IMG] )

the puzzle is also really fun, made me [​IMG] at a few parts and i had to go through the hints

by the way, how do you improve at this game? i mean at pulling long chains. right now by myself i can only pull like 2 or 3 chains.. i can't do those long chains 6-9 without the help of the hint arrow. i'm starting to wonder if the hint arrow will spoil me, making me useless without it? or is it training me to make me better
    maybe just playing the game everyday will make you improve? (i guess i can check the everyday graph to see if i'm improving [​IMG] i love that mode)

also, the WIFI was great, except i couldnt find any players lately..
    first time i tried it, i found a japanese female player within 5 secs of connecting the beginner mode.
    however after that, i've had no more luck finding players, beginning or free vs mode.. which kinda sucks

but i cant beat the VS comp on Hard mode yet so i still got that anyways.

so who else is still playing this game?
    share your experiences with the game/ WIFI [​IMG]

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    From your anecdote I can't wait to play this. I'm holding out until my exams :S First one tomorrow

3. Jim~

Member Jim~ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I loaded it onto my cart yesterday and have already neglected to sleep and do homework because of this game. [​IMG]

Been playing Wi-Fi mostly. The beginner mode is greyed out for me already. I haven't had any real trouble finding an opponent, but maybe I've just been playing at the right time.

My best chain so far has been 14. In my opinion, the touch screen controls make it a lot easier to create large chains. The best advice I can give is to watch how other people play, try to recognize patterns, and make sure you're able to create chains by lining up blocks under garbage blocks as they're clearing.

4. rcxAsh

Newcomer rcxAsh Member

Canada
    This has pretty much been the only game I've been playing on my DS since it's release! Especially with the English patch now, it's a little easier for me to get around.

In terms of improving yourself, I found that I've improved my ability to pull of larger chains by just continually playing with the hint on. After a while, I'm beginning to see some of the combos for myself. Granted, I can't consistently pull of 10x+ chains, but I'm pretty sure that I've improved a lot since the SNES days.

What I've been doing personally is playing the VS COM mode on the hard setting perpetually. This requires me to move and think fast. Deal with clearing garbage blocks and trying to make big chains as fast as possible.

The creating chains by clearing garbage blocks as Jim~ suggests is particularly helpful. This is especially great if the chain you just created is able to clear another garbage block. If you can continue this fairly consistently, you kill two birds with one stone: clear garbage blocks very quickly and attack your opponent with huge chains.

If you play online, you'll notice that people usually start by raising their stack immediately. It's quite a good thing to do as it allows you to do larger chains.

5. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    wow, this game seems mad... better try it then

6. ambitous21
    OP

United States
    this game is fun but i just got whooped badly online.. :'(
    how the hell are people so good at it

anyways, why don't we share our stat here? i want to see how other people are doing
    i'm a total noob at this game and still need to improve tons more, but here are my stats:

Endless - 42657
    Avalanche - 2438

Time Attack
    Score Attack - 6469
    Avalanche Attack - 135
    Depth Attack - 2804

7. rcxAsh

Newcomer rcxAsh Member

Canada
    I just tried the endless mode (I usually play VS exclusively..).

Ah, my hand is tired now. I played for 23 minutes straight! Score is 73329, rise level 50, difficulty level normal.

Ok, I think that's enough for now...

8. Flam9

Member Flam9 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    0_0 I'm gonna have to get this.

9. ambitous21
    OP

United States
    broke all my previous highs lol

Endless - 81825 (took 30 minutes [​IMG] )
    Avalanche - 5406

Time Attack
    Score Attack - 9615
    Avalanche Attack - 135
    Depth - 2804

i am getting the hang of the combos now.. before i just tried to get 3's all the time, but now i realize those are useless, its all about the combo and keeping it alive [​IMG]
    it seems everytime i open this game, 1 or 2 hours will pass by sooo fast lol
    havent touched my pokemon ever since i tried this game. still got a lot that i have to improve on though.

edit: damn how long til i'll be able to do this [​IMG]
    http://touch-ds.jp/mfs/paneldepon/linkage1.html