martin88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From http://www.noobz.eu/
QUOTE said:
 1. You run a program on a homebrew-enabled PSP that will convert a standard PSP battery into a jigkick battery. Note that you can't then use that battery normally - so you should use a spare one.
 2. You run a program to generate the unbricker memory stick image, built from the v1.5 update EBOOT (note that this, and the custom IPL, means the release is completely free of Sony copyright materials).
 3. You run some programs on a PC to install the image to your memory stick.

Now, you have a battery/memory stick pair that works just like the famous jigkick combination (but better) - just insert them into any PSP (even a brick) and the PSP will be reinstalled with the v1.5 firmware. As far as we know, this will continue to work for all future firmwares.

So basically this thing can downgrade or unbrick ANY PSP. Now I wonder if price of bricked PSP will go up.

Sounds like good news for the PSP owners! Hopefully this will work on the Slim.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saw this. Verrryy nice.

It should also be pointed out that Dark_Alex is on the team that just completed this, so all of those traitor rumors are false!
happy.gif

QUOTE(http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/pandoras-battery.html) said:
It's unclear whether or not this is the end for the Prometheus project - hopefully not, but that is undecided so far. In case it is the end, it is worth a quick roll of honour. In alphabetical order:

Adrahil, Booster, Cswindle, Dark_AleX, Ditlew, Fanjita, Joek2100, Jim, Mathieulh, Nem, Psp250, Skylark, TyRaNiD.

And here are their respective C+D (Create and Destroy) nicknames.

Mathieulh = WiseFellow
Tyranid = bockscar
Fanjita = FullerMonty
Joek = CosmicOverSoul
Dark_Alex = Malyot
Chris = Caretaker
Adrahil = VoidPointer
nem = h1ckeyph0rce

yaypsp.gif

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope this works on the upcoming slim PSP. I've been kinda paranoid about fucking it up when I get it (assuming it gets hackable).

K

KaliKot

whoa this is huge. I just might be looking to get a psp then
biggrin.gif

but but but...how do you revert the battery after downgrading?

K

KaliKot

according to the site it says:

- Development of a technique to change an ordinary battery into a service mode trigger battery (and back)

but there are no instructions for the (and back) thing
smile.gif

and whats the idSoftware the readme is saying about not being able to be restored fully?

And yeah, anyone know where to get a cheap bricked PSP?
biggrin.gif

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used this method to restore an old bricked Psp so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

You can restore your Psp battery to normal by running your Psp from the mains (switch on), putting the jigkick battery in and then running the battery program using option to change the battery back to normal or you can do a backup of your battery eeprom before you changed it and then restore this.

I wouldn't worry about the idstorage not being able to be restored since corrupt idstorage problems are quite rare but if you restored a Psp that had corrupt idstorage you would not be able to run any UMD's, possibly wifi and you would get region errors.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I couldn't use mspformat to format my card.. because I only have the PSP to read my usb memcard.. anyone know what I can do?

I get: open error (write)

what to do?

Elrinth

Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I couldn't use mspformat to format my card.. because I only have the PSP to read my usb memcard.. anyone know what I can do? I have a cable from my PC to my PSP... I don't have any memcard bay for sd separetly.. Does anyone know what I can do?

I get: open error (write)

what to do?

Get a usb reader for your card, they are really cheap.

according to all tutorials there shouldn't be any need for a usb reader!

Elrinth

Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
ok so I searched everywhere.. seems no one has found a solution for this.. but it's sandisk mem duo 2gb.

ok.. got it working.. after I did it a couple of times, it suddenly worked.. :wtf:

Elrinth

Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
bah didn't help me any.. still corrupt data when I've transferred all the needed files... the PSP won't let me create these jigbattery and memstick

sasuke_kun12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey no double posting! Gah i'm getting a bricked psp really soon just so that i can make a pandora's battery. thinking of setting up a ridiculously cheap unbrick servicing for Australians, say $30 bucks?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.