Hacking Panasonic SD formatter

bashscrazy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everytime I use the panasonic SD formatter on my Kingston 2 GB micro SD card
it says format complete - but when I open it from MY COMPUTER then it says it needs to be formatted still...

What's the PROBLEM!?!?
I try every option from the program and none work...

I need this to work because my SD card keeps requiring formatting while I'm using my R4...
My R4 plays for a bit.. then I play it again..
around the 3rd time.. it freezes - I open it again and it gets stuck on the LOADING SCREEN forever

Then I put the SD card on my computer it needs formatting... so i use WINDOWS formatting.. or w/e its called.. I format it ..
then the same cycle repeats over and over again.. my saves keep disappearing ... (luckily I back them up often because this problem happened in the past and stuff...)

so yeahh.. anything to help? so ye!

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, you could have a faulty card there, considering both the software you got with the card and Windows fail to format it properly.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you putting your card into the the computer? A cheap card reader that came with a flashcart? If so, try a better card reader, or a micro to SD converter and a built in SD card reader (if your computer has such a reader).

edit:took out 2nd part, rereading your post I see you already tried Windows formatter. If it's not a cheap card reader, yeah, probably a defective card.

bashscrazy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
windows formatter formats it...
however after a few tries the card dies again...

this happened before... where i got another SD card...

I guess I can just wait a couple weeks till my ACEKARD 2i + 8 GB micro SD card comes from ezbuy365.com... hopefully the acekard and the SD card ARE LEGIT!!!

I don't want to have to go through this CRAP OVER AND OVER AGAIN!
I don't have a job gosh darn it!
frown.gif

bashscrazy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OmegaVesko said:
Well, even if the Ak2i isn't legit, I don't see how the SD card could be a clone.
tongue.gif

I don't know.. lol I read somewhere that SD cards are sometimes fake where they like expire or break down really quick or something like that.

I dee kay

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like a Memory Card Pro (duo) there are lots of fake SD cards out there, mini or not. for SD cards, it's usually detectable by an inaccurate byte size. other wise, hard to tell by an amateurs eyes.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IIRC that's what a 2GB stick is supposed to be.

So all I can recommend is to get a new micro SD, Kingston doesn't actually make them, they rebrand and resell them.

Or maybe try with a different micro SD reader.

bashscrazy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm.. well my card reader requres the micro SD card adapter..

So then I used the micro SD card adapter without the reader and put it into the SD reader in my computer
and it seems that the panasonic SD formatter actually FINISHES the format and I don't need to use the windows formatter..

so do you think this will prevent corruption in the card that keeps requiring it to FORMAT?
cause when i open WOOD R4 sometimes - the screen goes all blue and stuff and the skin disappears - then when i press A on the micro SD SLOT 1 part it freezes
and then the card requires formatting again...

this is probably confusing - its hard to explain and stuff...

EDIT: btw: I think the reformatting is a time thing.. like I turn on/off my DS several times sometimes for a game to run on WOOD R4 cause my clone wood r4 doesn't work swell.. but when I come some hours later... then the R4 gets all weird and freezes then I find out the SD card is requiring reformatting again...

hopefully this problem is FIXED with the PANASONIC SD FORMATTER!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely...