Hacking Panasonic Formatter Problem

KicksDS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I have a 2GB Micro SD Card that has stopped working, and I decided to try and format it again, I put it in the Computer and on the Formatting program, the G: Drive pops up in the drop down box then disappears, so I can't re-format it, any ideas of getting around this problem?

Thanks
smile.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
That's odd. check your computer is properly reading the card, by going to my computer and opening up the root of the micro SD. Also, if you're using a micro SD to SD adaptor, make sure write protection is off, it can slip on sometimes.

There's not mcuh else I can think of, other than that it's a glitch, either with your PC or the formatter. Than again, it is Windows!
tongue.gif

KicksDS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am using a USB 2.0 micro sd card reader, the little light glows when I put the micro sd card into the reader, but even though my computer knows that a micro sd card is in the card reader it tells me to put something in
frown.gif

Does that mean its busted forever?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks that way. What make is it? Because SanDisk have a 10 year warranty, and Kingston have a lifetime warranty.

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
i have a similar problem wit the transflash reader that came with my CycloDS Evo..it will register that there is a drive there, but when i try to open it, it tells me to insert media..i have tried it with multiple SD(HC) cards oif varying sizes (1GB-8GB), but none of them work.....is there a warranty on these things?? or should i get in touch with my supplier?

camintmier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having trouble with a micro-sdhc card a while back and a program called Chkflsh (I guess it stands for Check Flash) saved me a lot of time and hastle. You can read more about it here (includes a link to the program).

What I did was set the program to the following parameters.

Access type: Logical Drive*
Action Type: Full Erase
Test Length: One Full Pass

*If the drive isn't seen by windows, select "As Physical Device"

Select your flash card/drive, and click the "Start!" button. After a minute or so, it should be fully erased. Now all you should need to do is eject the drive however you normally do, reinstall it, and it should pop up in explorer. Then use either Windows or the Panasonic formatter program to format it.

Or you could try the HP USB Formatter tool.

I hope that helps you some. Good luck.

Note: If you use ChkFlsh, the zip file comes with a Danger.bat file. Don't run it unless you want every flash device currently connected to your computer erased. Feel free to delete it as it's only a batch file and not really needed by the program.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol...