Hacking Panasonic formatter doesn't work

smudgydonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says it's not compatible with my PNY micro sd,so I was wondering if any of you knew any other formatters.
Also,when I try to move the Akaio folders into the card, I keep getting an error.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Panasonic formatter should be compatible with ALL cards. It sounds like your PNY is trashed. Buy a better brand like Transcend or Sandisk. Transcend 8GB Class 6 is only like 20 something on Newegg with free shipping.

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
smudgydonkey said:
It says it's not compatible with my PNY micro sd,so I was wondering if any of you knew any other formatters.
Also,when I try to move the Akaio folders into the card, I keep getting an error.
The Panasonic Formatter is the official SD Association SD/SDHC formatter. There shouldn't be a reason why it won't work with any legitimate, working SD card.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The top formatters I have ever found can be found through here, here, or one of my favorites for being fast and lightweight, here. Of course, I don't believe any of them will format to SD spec for you without you putting in the specs yourself - but they are great for formatting things windoze won't even recognize as existing.

The only time I've had the panasonic formatter come up with a not compatible message is when I was using a wonky card reader. A bad card reader would also explain errors when trying to write to the card - though it could of course be just a bad card, a bad connection to the card inside the reader, bad connect to the usb port (use mobo connected ports instead of front wire connected ports), bad or too long usb cable, usb port is set for 1.0 mode when it should be set for hispeed in bios, lack of formatting, corrupt master record, the list goes on - you're the one with the error messages and access to your device manager interface and windows management logs though, you should probably read the stuff in there as they will generally narrow down the problem for you.

"It dun werk" is never going to be enough to diagnose/troubleshoot a hardware/software/any issue, so I'm not so sure why others are willing to point at one potential problem given the tiny amount of info to be had when in fact there are quite a few possibilities.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
edge199715 said:
just use the windows formatter

wtf.gif

Please tell me you're joking.

Kaoz360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Things to try and to rule out -

1.Download panasonic formatter again.

2.Use a different usb reader

3.test another micro sd card that you might have lying about somewhere

4.try on a different computer

klopfdreh

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I also think that it could be a problem of the usb reader. I'm currently using a sandisk and it is working great.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
It's either the reader itself, the memory card, or something like a USB, software, or a driver problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.