Palin resigns as Alaska governor

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Guild McCommunist, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    She's resigning!

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31726640/ns/po...-more_politics/

2. geoflcl

geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

Jan 18, 2009
    United States
    Wow!

Gee. Well, that's...

Totally unexpected. I'll have to read up on that.

3. UltraMagnus

UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

Aug 2, 2007
    Portsmouth
    good riddance to bad rubbish I say.

4. jesterscourt

jesterscourt Not Brad.

Jan 3, 2007
    United States
    Anyone want to venture what big revelation will come out in the next few weeks?

5. Raven Darkheart

Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

Aug 27, 2008
    United States
    Cyclo DS Paradise
    shes gonna pull a hilary clinton?

well on a more cynical note, she could be covering her tracks in case theres a n affair leak. look what happened to sanford and ensign [​IMG]

6. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    She was one of the key people who cost the Republican party the last election in my opinion, but then again they didn't put enough effort in to fix the tarnished reputation that Bush wound up leaving behind for the party, expect 8 years with democrats running your country, most people won't want Palin running the country unless they are completely retarded.

7. nailsinourbacks

nailsinourbacks Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2008
    United States
    So Cal
    [​IMG] My sentiments exactly.

8. TanookiSuit

TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

Nov 11, 2004
    United States
    Louisville, KY
    As much as I don't agree with her bible thumping ways I pity the lady. Ever since jumping into that fire she did with McCain it has been the left and the media's agenda to ruin the woman no matter what. Due to a quirky set of laws in Alaska you can file grievances against the governor for anything, and unlike elsewhere they don't even need to be investigated ahead of time for validity. She since they has had 15 of them overturned after a full court proceeding, and many more didn't get even that far as they were all (every last one) bogus. But, also due to that quirk in the law, it also doesn't allow a state official to use state funds or lawyers to do the dirty work. Due to frauds trying to bury her she has racked up a half million in legal fees, and she made like $75,000/yr as governor. The chick is broke, had no choice. At least not running for pres in 2012 or not, at least she can go on speech runs, and other crap and get those fat fees to take her out of the poor house because once that lawyer decides to collect she's hosed.

Hate her all you want, and depending on your politics or beliefs perhaps it's very deserved to hate her, but what has been legally done with disgusting loopholes no one deserved that.

9. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    She has been ridiculed for her family trouble, especially with her daughter and her bible thumping antics prove that she is a hypocrite. She shouldn't preach shit like abstinance when her own daughter was fucking pregnant during the entire election campaign, she deserved to lose for her own stupidity and hypocrisy.

10. Law

Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

Aug 14, 2007
    ‭jerkland
    God bless SomethingAwful.

11. InuYasha

InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

Dec 8, 2007
    United States
    Hopefully she stays outta the news for a long long time......

12. Jaems

Jaems GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 21, 2007
    United States
  13. TanookiSuit

TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

Nov 11, 2004
    United States
    Louisville, KY
    See I guess this goes to show the depths of what little maturity people here have, b ut then again it's a gaming board, and a piracy one no less related too. Hate her fine, but what was done against her was crossing the line. Also, her personally isn't a hypocrite with the whole abstinence deal, her 18 year old daughter was, unless you got it that she was knocked up out of wedlock too.

14. Canonbeat234

Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Sep 24, 2008
    What I don't get is what makes her a hypocrite?! She can't control her daughter because if she did that then it will make her a controlling politician in the news media. Idk, the news media also plays an important part when it comes to politics!

15. Elritha

Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Jan 24, 2006
    Canada
    Oh well someone just as bad will fill the void. That's the way of politics.

16. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    She shouldn't preach absintance if she couldn't even keep her own daughter from getting pregnant, thats what makes her a hypocrite. Never go out and tell the world what you think and your beliefs are when you can't even enforce them in your own home. Religion and beliefs have no place in politics, anyone wanting to be successful shouldn't express their religious ideals and the things they believe in like abstinance, especially if they can't even have their kids abstinant, that is just hypocritical.

17. Pendor

Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I was about to post the exact same thing, but you beat me to it.

I hate you, Law. [​IMG]

18. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    YOU CAN'T B SERIAL.

19. Jaems

Jaems GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 21, 2007
    United States
    lol

20. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 10, 2006
    UK
    Utter rubbish, there's only one person who's been behind ruining Sarah Palin and that's Sarah Palin. Her enormous victim complex is just another part of that.