Pale Moon or Tor Browser?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by sodaddict, May 15, 2017.

1. sodaddict
    OP

sodaddict GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2016
    There are 2 modded Firefox browsers i am interested in: Pale Moon and Tor Browser.
    I know they are not fair comparisons, though i would like to know others' opinions on which browser is the best (despite Tor only being useful to buy weeds).
    So which of the 2 is the best? Pale Moon or Tor Browser? Or is there a 3rd superior choice like Netscape Navigator?

2. Minox

Minox Spytech Employee

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    They serve completely different purposes. Pale Moon is a modified version of Firefox meant to improve performance whereas TOR Browser is an attempt to make you anonymous online.

Another modified version of Firefox meant to improve speed would be Waterfox which is compiled with Intel's compiler. It is however only available for Windows.

Alkéryn, Tomato Hentai and Seriel like this.
  3. sodaddict
    OP

sodaddict GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2016
    I immediately fell in love with Waterfox, thank you for the introduction.

4. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    I've been using Palemoon for several years.

My main reasons to switch from Firefox to Palemoon were two: the ability to get a 64-bit internet browser and having a browser that kept everything good from Firefox 4 rather than going for new, unwanted graphics and new rearranged menus. I love my status bar. I love my tabs below everything. I have also used it on multiple platforms like my old tablet with the Atom-optimized version. In terms of performance, it's amazing.

It has flaws though. For a while I couldn't do any captcha because the new method was not yet implemented in the browser. Whenever there's a new implementation on the internet, it will take a while for Palemoon to catch up. It's ok though, I knew what I was going into when I first downloaded it and haven't regretted it since.