PAL Wii to NTSC shop channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Alexrose, Jul 29, 2009.

Jul 29, 2009

PAL Wii to NTSC shop channel by Alexrose at 11:09 PM (2,300 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

Jan 20, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Alright, I have a PAL wii on v3.3v1e.

First, a question: If I make a nand dump, erase my wii shop channel data, change the region of it and restore from my nand, will I still have my DLC etc.?

Okay, so I just tried anyregionchanger and it really doesn't want to work.

Also, I'm aware that the shop channel probably has an update by now.

So: What do I need to do? I don't mind changing my system menu to 4.0u or whatever if needs be. Or is it just a case of installing the ios of the shop channel?

I want to install an NTSC-U shop channel so I can install RB2 DLC. Also, when I try to install the wads for the DLC I get error ret=-1017.
  2. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 13, 2009
    Burlington, ON
    The solution: go to AnyRegionChanger, change your Wii Shop country code region code to '110' (country code: United Kingdom (UK)), go to Wii Shopping Channel, remove your Wii Shopping Account, go to The Homebrew Channel, go to AnyRegionChanger, set the country code to '49', reboot to the system menu (Wii Menu), go to Wii Shopping Channel, done.!

For me, I already changed the country code to '1' (Japan) and the Wii Shopping Channel is now Japanese, so I tested it.