Pal wii fit on Pal machine with wiikey

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by poo-man, May 1, 2008.

May 1, 2008
  1. poo-man
    OP

Newcomer poo-man Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi, as the description says, sorry if this has already been asked. I have a pal machine and have wiikey (i am not sure what the version is but I have never updated) and have managed to play a copied galaxy and a copied mario kart perfectly well. I have done all the forced updates and am therefore on 3.2e with no previous issues with bricking etc.

At this time, I can play all my back ups all my originals including other regions using a freeloader.

I bought wii fit and it does not even recognise the disk. I have tried it about fifty times now (i bought it on launch day), but still nothing. I have tried to update my wiikey, but I get errors doing that. That shouldnt matter as other people with the exact same set up as me have had no problems playing wii fit.

To confirm that the disk wasnt dodgy, I have borrowed a friends pal wii that is not modded and it recognises it straight away and plays away happily.

The only bit of advice I have had is that the laser may need re-aligning or something?? The person said that it happened to a few people when SSBM came out. Can anyone confirm?

Anyway, help on the above would be fantastic.

Thank you

Poo

2. avant1277

Member avant1277 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    it's working fine on my wii which is about a year old, with a wiikey. I don't know why it wouldn't be working. maybe try downloading the iso and see if that works?

3. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    Very very strange. My original Wiifit works...allthough sometimes I get errors. I usually get more errors with original games than with burned DVD's. It almost seems that my Wii has less difficulty with burned games.

I would strongly suggest you try and download a pirate copy of Wii Fit (if you can find it, shouldn't be so hard). I guess the chances are it works then. People also had problems with Brawl, but the pirate version worked on Wiikeys.

Good luck!

4. Nio

Member Nio GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I get a lot of errors with wii fit too.
    But wii fit has this stupid channel, when i start that one, i am all fine ...

5. poo-man
    OP

Newcomer poo-man Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks berlinka. Would you expect it to work straight from the copied ISO or will I get the 001 error?

Cheers

6. drock360

Member drock360 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you have a wiikey, you most likely won't get the 001 error. It will work straight from the copied iso.

7. avant1277

Member avant1277 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    yep, if you can play mario galaxy and mario kart fine, then wii fit shouldn't give you a 001 error [​IMG]

8. poo-man
    OP

Newcomer poo-man Newbie

United Kingdom
    Right... I've d/l and copied an ISO of wii fit (multi5 espal version) and guess what...... IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!

Man, this is crazy. I've got everything else to work up to now.

Any more suggestions? Should I d/l the ambition ISO?

Cheers

9. poo-man
    OP

Newcomer poo-man Newbie

United Kingdom
    shameless bump