Hacking PAL Wii 3.1 - Wiikey 1.9g (?) NEED HELP!

badabing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

I think I semi-bricked my Wii. Let me start off by saying I searched all over the Internet, but can't seem to find a clear solution.

I got a PAL Wii, with Wiikey. I thought both the Wii and the WiiKey was up-to-date, considering I played SuperMarioGalaxy (USA).

So I put in the SSB:B single layer version, made sure I got in 50Htz mode, started the game and turned Deflickering off. Then I went back to put 60Htz mode back on (as I was told this was the thing to do). BUT when I tried to access the Wii Settings menu, I got the Opera-browser page.

Now, I heard of the config disk, maybe insert a PAL game with the latest firmware to solve this problem and other stuff to solve this... but I really don't know what to do anymore, since I don't want to fully brick my Wii.

Could someone please tell me what the hell is going on, and how I fix this??

Thank you very much.

badabing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you have the 3.1E frimware?
Becurse NO games currently have the 3.1E firmware..
Im sorry you would maybe have to wait for Pal SSBB release .(

That would be really fucked. I'm downloading Wii Chess PAL now, think I could give that a shot.
I really don't get it, friend of mine did EXACTLY the same, and nothing happened. I'm positive we've got exactly the same firmware etc.

No way to format everything, and start all over or something?

MelonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dammit....

i thought i can just let my ssbb dl do the update 100 procent without problems..

(pal 3.1e wii wiikey 1.9g)

but when i hear this i dont really know if i update.....

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Updates are only available on Nintendo games AFAIK, with the exception of SSX Blur, so you'll have to wait for a 3.1E update from the SSBB PAL

tatanga

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Yes, a lot of people who can't read message boards. Sorry for your Wii.

FYI, Mario Galaxy came back in NOVEMBER. Your Wii was far from up to date.

Mr_Grinch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will 3.1e work? I'd assume being he's now on 3.1j it would recognise an update isn't needed. So essentially you'll have to wait till a release > 3.1 comes out.

badabing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay thanks for thinking with me. But how about formatting the Wii to factory settings? Isn't that possible?

tatanga

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
And how are you going to do that? I thought you couldn't access the settings menu...

Just give up. It can only be fixed when Nintendo releases a newer PAL update on disk. The duplicate channels will not go away though.

EDIT: Maybe formatting the Wii in maintenance mode would work. Try that if you don't mind losing everything on your memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0gy8gWC6Dg

badabing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And how are you going to do that? I thought you couldn't access the settings menu...

Just give up. It can only be fixed when Nintendo releases a newer PAL update on disk. The duplicate channels will not go away though.

EDIT: Maybe formatting the Wii in maintenance mode would work. Try that if you don't mind losing everything on your memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0gy8gWC6Dg

Yes, I found that too. I think I'll give it a try. Anybody tried this before? formatting the Wii in maintenance mode?

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your wii definetly didn't have the lastest 3.1e (for PAL, 3.1u for USA) firmware revision before you played this game.

And running an update from a game from another region (i.e. 3.1j, from japan) screws up non-japanese wii's either:
1)leaving duplicate channels: not a serious problem, but they can't be erased (so nintendo could find out you used an "chip" to play foreign games in the future)
2)partially corrupting your firmware and not being able to access some menus: your case, called a "partial brick"
3)Even worse, totally bricking your wii, rendering it unuseable (pbbly if your firmware was 2.2e or 2.2u or below or you tried the 15% trick).

So people, remember. Running updates from games of a different region is NEVER a good idea. But if you must, then take these things in account:

-Make sure your Wii is already updated to the lastest possible revisions FIRST. Check on your wii's menu to see your revision. Current one is 3.1e for PAL, 3.1u fur USA, 3.1j for Japan. Don't assume you have it. Check it. It's easy.

-If your wii is not on these revisions or newer, don't run games with updates from other regions yet, period. Update your wii first by connecting it to the internet and accepting updates.

-If you can not connect to the internet to update your wii, you may try getting the updates from games that carry it. Some games that may carry the wii updates are:
For japanese consoles ONLY: try smash bross NTSC-J or Wii Fit NTSC-J
For PAL consoles ONLY: try Wii chess PAL and Donkey Kong Jet Racer PAL
For USA consoles: no confirmed games with 3.1u update that I know of.

Once your wii is semi-bricked, the only known way to fix it for sure (there are rumors other things might work, but no confirmation) is running an update from a game that is HIGHER than the one you used to brick your wii with.

So, for example, let's say you had a PAL console on 2.2e firmware revision. You run super mario galaxy NTSC-u and semi-bricked your console because that game carried the 3.0u firmware in it. You can fix your wii by running Donkey Kong Jet Racer PAL, that has the 3.1e update inside.

But if you have say a 3.0e (or 2.2e) console, run a game with 3.1 update from another region (say smash bross that carries the 3.1j) ... then it will semi-brick your console. The only known way to fix would be to run a game with a higher "theoretical" 3.2e update from your region ... but since there are none .... well, you'll have to wait until a new revision comes out.

If you find this last part to not be true and that running a 3.1e update game fixes your semi-bricked-with-3.1j-update problem, please let us know. Also, if you know of a USA game that carries the 3.1u update for sure, let us know as well.

badabing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Your wii definetly didn't have the lastest 3.1e (for PAL, 3.1u for USA) firmware revision before you played this game.

And running an update from a game from another region (i.e. 3.1j, from japan) screws up non-japanese wii's either:
1)leaving duplicate channels: not a serious problem, but they can't be erased (so nintendo could find out you used an "chip" to play foreign games in the future)
2)partially corrupting your firmware and not being able to access some menus: your case, called a "partial brick"
3)Even worse, totally bricking your wii, rendering it unuseable (pbbly if your firmware was 2.2e or 2.2u or below or you tried the 15% trick).

So people, remember. Running updates from games of a different region is NEVER a good idea. But if you must, then take these things in account:

-Make sure your Wii is already updated to the lastest possible revisions FIRST. Check on your wii's menu to see your revision. Current one is 3.1e for PAL, 3.1u fur USA, 3.1j for Japan. Don't assume you have it. Check it. It's easy.

-If your wii is not on these revisions or newer, don't run games with updates from other regions yet, period. Update your wii first by connecting it to the internet and accepting updates.

-If you can not connect to the internet to update your wii, you may try getting the updates from games that carry it. Some games that may carry the wii updates are:
For japanese consoles ONLY: try smash bross NTSC-J or Wii Fit NTSC-J
For PAL consoles ONLY: try Wii chess PAL and Donkey Kong Jet Racer PAL
For USA consoles: no confirmed games with 3.1u update that I know of.

Once your wii is semi-bricked, the only known way to fix it for sure (there are rumors other things might work, but no confirmation) is running an update from a game that is HIGHER than the one you used to brick your wii with.

So, for example, let's say you had a PAL console on 2.2e firmware revision. You run super mario galaxy NTSC-u and semi-bricked your console because that game carried the 3.0u firmware in it. You can fix your wii by running Donkey Kong Jet Racer PAL, that has the 3.1e update inside.

But if you have say a 3.0e (or 2.2e) console, run a game with 3.1 update from another region (say smash bross that carries the 3.1j) ... then it will semi-brick your console. The only known way to fix would be to run a game with a higher "theoretical" 3.2e update from your region ... but since there are none .... well, you'll have to wait until a new revision comes out.

If you find this last part to not be true and that running a 3.1e update game fixes your semi-bricked-with-3.1j-update problem, please let us know. Also, if you know of a USA game that carries the 3.1u update for sure, let us know as well.

Thank you, yes I should've checked, damnit. So stupid. I read every single thing about this release and I didn't checked. Because I thought since I played Mario Galaxy, I had to have the latest firmware. Now I'm stuck in 50Hz mode, with my fancy 40inch LCD screen
frown.gif
. Fuck.

I'll try the Wii Chess PAL dvd, but I guess that won't work since the Wii now has got the latest (3.1J) firmware, so he won't recognize the need of new firmware. Jezus Christ. And I'll try the maintenance mode too.. Maybe when the Wii Homebrew-stuff really kicks off, they'll find a way to manually put Wii Firmware on the system..

So, am I really the only one with this issue? I really am THAT stupid??

... oh btw: SSB:B is the best game I ever played
cool.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mario galaxy has 3.1, but there was a network update to update the wii channel or whatnot, after which it still said 3.1.. I guess it was trying to do that :/ ALWAYS with a new nintendo release try to update online before you put the disc in, and then always do the 15% trick!

P

pasc

So that means, if you apply the wii brick blocker to every wii iso before burning it to DVD your Problem will never occur given that the newest version is used ?

BTW: Are there other ways to brick the wii than this one ?

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
So that means, if you apply the wii brick blocker to every wii iso before burning it to DVD your Problem will never occur given that the newest version is used ?

BTW: Are there other ways to brick the wii than this one ?

I don't really understand, what you're talking about..?
I think he means to ask if he uses brickblocker he won't be able to brick his Wii. The second question is pretty clear I think
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But other than PC and Amiga ports I don't think Time Soldiers had any game system ports after...