Hacking PAL Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 has sound but black screen on NTSC Wii

sushiJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Japanese Wii (NTSC) but all my gamecube games are PAL versions. I'm using the actual gamecube discs, not any kind of backups.

All the other discs I have tried work ok. I sometimes have to fiddle with the odd setting, and maybe force the output to NTSC / Wii Default but I can get them working.

But no matter what I do, I can't get THPS4 to work. The game is running, I can hear the sound and if I press buttons then it's responding, but the screen is just black.

I've tried Nintendont, NeoGamma and USB Loader GX. (Using their internal modes)
I've messed with various combinations of different output resolutions, progressive scan, pal patches, etc... but I can't seem to find a combination that works. It either hangs, or does the black screen thing above.

It seems to be listed as compatible in the chart, so I'm wondering if it's the video resolution that's the issue.

I've spent ages trying to get it to work, so I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts, or if a specific version is needed to get it running?
Thanks!

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The PAL version of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 is only 50Hz. Meaning that if your TV doesn't support that video mode, you get no picture. Get an american copy. Besides, it's not like you would like to play a 50Hz game.

Reactions: Draxikor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.