PAL systems: 60hz? RBG?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Rocco Savadgie, Dec 9, 2006.

Dec 9, 2006
  1. Rocco Savadgie
    OP

Member Rocco Savadgie GBAtemp Regular

Hello all,

Having great fun with my Wii [​IMG] The whole family loving it! Just wonding about the age old topic of the rubbish pal 50hz vs the super Jap/USA 60hz. Back in the day of the SNES and N64, I imported the USA consoles due to the fact that there was no way to get 60hz from PAL setups and there was no "black borders" on the imported games either. But then you had to mod the USA imports to get RBG output.

So my questions:

What hz does the PAL Wii run at?
    What about the VC games - what hz do they run at?
    and finally, does the wii output RBG and is there a SCART RGB cable you can buy?

I used to have an old TV that would shift the volume OSD off screen when input to it was 60hz, but now I just can't tell really. Hate to think I was playing a 50hz game that was 15% slower that the USA/JAP version....

2. DaRk_ViVi

Member DaRk_ViVi ...is everywhere!

Italy
    I can answer your first question: PAL Wii runs at 50hz, but if you go in the options you can set 60hz that is a lot better. [​IMG]

I don't understand why they didn't added an option in the wizard for that.

3. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    Some VC games still have the PAL slow down and border issues.
    The Wii does have an RGB SCART cable but its hard to find with some retailers saying they haven't got it yet, along with many other accessories.

4. QuickSilverMC

Member QuickSilverMC GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    i think PAL RGB looks Better Than NTSC RGB (on my TV), the pal signal has a higher resolution, so i am running it on that, the Wii does have an RGB cable avaliable in stores but i havent seen it personally, i ordered mine form amazon for £15, but other places are selling it upto £25.

5. Rocco Savadgie
    OP

cheers for that folks. Kinda crappy about the VC games I think. But good news for regular Wii games [​IMG]

Is it not possible to get the NTSC USA versions from the shop instead of the PAL versions?

6. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    If you meant VC games, unless you have a US or JPN console you won't get US or JPN games respectively.

7. Rocco Savadgie
    OP

Sorry, yes I was talking about VC games. Oh well, hopefully they will offer two versions soon. Thanks again for the info folks, I've just ordered a RGB cable now.

8. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

Thank you ViVI , Didnt see it at 1st [​IMG]