ShadicZX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all!
So, sfter seeing that Pikmin 2 GC freezes during the credits, and that theres no way to fix it.
I tried the Wii PAL Version, runs fine and smoothly.
But not in color.
Can someone give me settings in NEOGAMMA R9 Beta 50 to make them come in color?
(Pikmin 2 is not fun when you are B&W, because you can't see the Pikmin colors)
Or can someone tell me how to get the GC version working?
---Specs---
Wii:4.1E (But can mod it with ease) (Originally an NTSC-U Wii)
Backup Launcher: Neogamma R9 B50 & B56
cIOS: d2xv6 rev 21006 (IOS 249)
Composite Cables

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
think you may need component cables or a new tv, there is no ntsc mode on the pikmin disc so you have to rely on the tv to decode the signal

ShadicZX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
think you may need component cables or a new tv, there is no ntsc mode on the pikmin disc so you have to rely on the tv to decode the signal
There is a way to do it, my friend has done it, people on the forums have, and other forums have.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but Pikmin 2 (Wii) is one of the few PAL games that requires you have both component cables and a TV compatible with the video format.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a way to do it, my friend has done it, people on the forums have, and other forums have.
I would really appreciate it if you could show us how.

...just on a sidenote, is your Wii PAL or NTSC?
Whether the Wii is NTSC or PAL does not matter. All that really matters is the TV being used and whether or not it supports PAL video. It seems that if you use an HDTV, there is a possibility that it will support the PAL video through the use of component cables (although neither of mine do). If your TV supports PAL 480i, then you might be able to get it to work using composite cables. However, this is unlikely.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you NEED component cables, only one person ever even claimed to get it to work without but they never supplied any additional information so they were either mistaken or lying.
considering you can get component cables for as few as $4 if you really want to play the game just buy them.
to get the gamecube version working use dios mios lite it plays the game %100

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Whether the Wii is NTSC or PAL does not matter. All that really matters is the TV being used and whether or not it supports PAL video. It seems that if you use an HDTV, there is a possibility that it will support the PAL video through the use of component cables (although neither of mine do). If your TV supports PAL 480i, then you might be able to get it to work using composite cables. However, this is unlikely.
My question was a bit more in-depth, I wanted to know his Wii type to know whether he is running the game natively or not. I have a PAL Wii and a few TV's, some run the NTSC games in colour, some in colour but stretched, some run them black and white. If he'd answer that his Wii is PAL as well as the game then it is natural to assume that he lives in a PAL region, if not, I would say that he has to enable Force PAL in a desired resolution.

ShadicZX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My question was a bit more in-depth, I wanted to know his Wii type to know whether he is running the game natively or not. I have a PAL Wii and a few TV's, some run the NTSC games in colour, some in colour but stretched, some run them black and white. If he'd answer that his Wii is PAL as well as the game then it is natural to assume that he lives in a PAL region, if not, I would say that he has to enable Force PAL in a desired resolution.
NTSC-U Modded into PAL, jefffisher, thanks, I'll try it!

ShadicZX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you NEED component cables, only one person ever even claimed to get it to work without but they never supplied any additional information so they were either mistaken or lying.
considering you can get component cables for as few as $4 if you really want to play the game just buy them.
dios mios can't be downloaded thanks to SOPA, Fileserve only allows files I've uploaded. -_- what now?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dios mios can't be downloaded thanks to SOPA, Fileserve only allows files I've uploaded. -_- what now?
Use ModMii to get DML and Pikmin 2 (GameCube) running off your SD card. If you have a Wii with an older disc drive, you can just install the recommended cMIOS and run the disc backup with NeoGamma.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont use fileserve i dont even think any of the links in the official thread are fileserve links
Use ModMii to get DML and Pikmin 2 (GameCube) running off your SD card. If you have a Wii with an older disc drive, you can just install the recommended cMIOS and run the disc backup with NeoGamma.
when loaded from the disc the game freezes at the credits which is only at half the game which makes it uncompletable which was his problem

ShadicZX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont use fileserve i dont even think any of the links in the official thread are fileserve links
when loaded from the disc the game freezes at the credits which is only at half the game which makes it uncompletable which was his problem

DML does nothing different, could you give me the settings for Neogamma R56 for it?
I'm having no luck with it, still freezes. Thanks jefffisher

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DML does nothing different, could you give me the settings for Neogamma R56 for it?
you are loading it from sd card and not from disc right?
it definitely does work when loaded from dml, i've beaten it myself twice completely.

ShadicZX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it definitely does work when loaded from dml, i've beaten it myself twice completely.
Well, when you load it from a DML, you have to have either
A. A back-up disc in.
Or B. The actual disc.
I HAD the actual disc, but it broke, and I had a back-up, so I'm forced to use it.
P.S. Paid $70 for the copy of Pikmin 2, so really want it to work.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A. A back-up disc in.
Or B. The actual disc.
I HAD the actual disc, but it broke, and I had a back-up, so I'm forced to use it.
neither of those things are true, download an iso put it on the sd card

ShadicZX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A. A back-up disc in.
Or B. The actual disc.
Already did, followed a complete tutorial, and it still freezes, could you put your settings for NeoGamma here?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A. A back-up disc in.
Or B. The actual disc.
Already did, followed a complete tutorial, and it still freezes, could you put your settings for NeoGamma here?
you load the game from sd card, load the save beat the game and it still freezes during the credits?
i know that method works, if it's not working you need to say exactly what you are doing to cause freeze ups a lot of the stuff you are saying is highly contradictary.

ShadicZX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I go to HBC, boot up NeoGamma R9 b56.
Switch to "Load from DML"
Search for it.
Click "PIKMIN2 for GAMECUBE"
Load up game.
Click "Begin"
Load save.
Goes to credits, and when Louie is looking out from behind the grass, it freezes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"