Hacking PAL Okami wont run?

nazurin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the third time I've burned Okami PAL onto a disk, and had it not run.

I've tried the 0.3 Gamma, 0.3 beta, 0.1, Backup Channel. And it wont run on *any* of them.

I have a patched disk, and an unpatched disk. No difference on either of them, the Wii tells me that it is not a DVD.

The wii can run games like Mario Kart and Cooking Mama, but it has refused to run Okami on any of the disks I've made, since around december.

Can anyone help?

MaGosT

Trophies
XP
Country
Lo i tryed okami just the other day and the pal version worked just fine on my pal wii with gamma loader..
used sony dvd-r and burned with write speed x2.4 using imgburn.

Snave2008

Trophies
Website
www.completelyfreewii.com
XP
Country
Try redownloading a different .ISO.

I'm playing through it right now (about 11 hours in) and I am loving it. The best game I've played in a long long time!

I burnt using IMG Burn on the cheapest media I could find.... Tesco DVD-R !

Works a treat through Soft Mii.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you tried the beta loader, i guess you upgraded from beta? Did you update the cIOS too? I ask, because Okami is one of the game not working with the beta cIOS.

nazurin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using Tesco DVD-r and I've burned both disks on x6 IMGburn

Can someone PM me the location of a different ISO?

Would using an NTSC ISO and forcing PAL make a difference?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nazurin said:

We won't give you a link to ISO files
Search for a torrent on google if you want it

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nazurin said:

I am using SONY DVD-R and I've hurned a disk on x3 IMGBURN. It works fine.

No, we cannot do that.. it is illegal, you know.

We don't know but you can try. Make sure your cIOS is the latest version and WiiGator 0.3g. I tried with SoftChip r82 and it works perfectly fine too. I don't patch or force anything. Nothing at all. They simple works fine with this game.

nazurin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
nazurin said:

The only problem is when I search for it on google, it presents multiple locations, linking to the same ISO.

Also, offering links to warez files isn't against the law. If it was, google would be out right off. It's only hosting them
which is cause for concern, and even then places like rapidshare are exempt because of the TOS.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well do you check your cIOS? If you used the beta loader too, i'm 98% sure, you still have the beta cIOS installed, which is not compatible with Okami.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower is right. We did tell you that we are using Wiigator 0.3g. That's why we are very sure that you are using willgator 0.3 beta which is not compatible with Okami. Why don't you remove Wiigator 0.3 beta and try Wiigator 0.3g. It works perfect for Okami.
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RockmanForte said:
WiiPower is right. We did tell you that we are using Wiigator 0.3g. That's why we are very sure that you are using willgator 0.3 beta which is not compatible with Okami. Why don't you remove Wiigator 0.3 beta and try Wiigator 0.3g. It works perfect for Okami.
smile.gif

Well actually only the cIOS is the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if the game works fine with the Gamma cIOS and the beta loader.

suiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if can be useful... here works & always worked from 1st time... right now I'm on: SoftChip r82 + cIOS rev7 (Waninkoko) & firmware 3.4E, DVD-r Verbatim 16x burnt at 4x with ImgBurn

bye,
davide

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not use DVD-R Verbatim at all. I am using the regular Sony DVD-R burnt at 3x with ImgBurn. It works beautifully with WiiGator 0.3g and SoftChip r82 plus cIOS rev7 and firmware 3.3u.
smile.gif

nazurin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
smile.gif

I installed the Gamma cIOS with it when I started using Gamma. Nothing I've tried so far has even read it, let alone loaded it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nazurin said:
RockmanForte said:
smile.gif

I installed the Gamma cIOS with it when I started using Gamma. Nothing I've tried so far has even read it, let alone loaded it.

With the beta cIOS you should get "an error occured, please blablabla...". If you don't even get this error, you have a bad .iso or a bad burn.

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nazurin said:
tj_cool said:
nazurin said:

The only problem is when I search for it on google, it presents multiple locations, linking to the same ISO.

Also, offering links to warez files isn't against the law. If it was, google would be out right off. It's only hosting them
which is cause for concern, and even then places like rapidshare are exempt because of the TOS.

Still don't know why anyone bothers with weblinks,rapidshare and even bit torrent. Noone ever heard of USENET? i know it's a paid service, but god damn 2240kb/s for 7,50 euro's a month. Specially for 4+ gig iso's

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nazurin said:
RockmanForte said:
smile.gif

A few people put out zips with the beta loder or the rev5 version of the loader - you need the rev7 cIOS for the gamma loader to work properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup