PAL & NTSC compatibility ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by adrenochrome, Nov 12, 2011.

Nov 12, 2011
  1. adrenochrome
    OP

Newcomer adrenochrome Member

France
    i have question, just for curiosity :
    why there are always people asking if a NTSC game backup will run on their PAL wii (and PAL game on NTSC wii) ?

i really dont understand the question, because i never had to trigger any setting related to PAL/NTSC to allow a NTSC game to run on my PAL wii using usb loaders and 5 years old LCD tv through YUV cable.

it's only a matter of using a last-century tv ? or there are still 50 or 60Hz-only tv produced today ?

could someone sum up the situations where there will be some incompatibility or some tweaking requirement ?

is it possible that, without specific settings, i was playing some backups at wrong speed ?

-edit- yuv cable

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    As a PAL user it's unlikely to run into any trouble. Only if you use a non HDTV with rgb cables, then the video mode stuff matters. Or if you use a 30 years old tv. Set the loader you are using to video mode disc and most games will just work. And if you need to change some setting for an import game, it should be the language, country string patching or the vidtv setting.