OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, I've been having some trouble for a long time with this, so I wonder if you guys could help.

Every time I try to play my PAL Gamecube discs on my US Wii (note they are original copies), my screen goes back to the TV Video (as if I just pulled of the AV Cables from the television); that sort of thing didn't happen when I played them on my Gamecube (I used Freeloader at that time). The console actually seems to run the games okay, since I hear loading sounds from the Wii, but I can't see anything. That started to happen when I upgraded my Firmware, I think to 3.0 or 3.1 (yes, it's been a LONG time, I didn't even know about homebrews yet); previously, I think some games actually didn't run at all, while others ran great..
I've tried about every way of playing GC games to see if that happens; Freeloader, Gecko OS, Preloader hacked System Menu, and all of them gave me the same results. Maybe it's a TV problem, but it's weird it didn't happen with the Gamecube, neither it does with PAL Wii Backups.
Do you suggest something like forcing NTSC or PAL or whatever on Gecko OS, or something? Either way, please help me if possible!

Thanks in advance

Kinnikuman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With preloader what settings do you have enabled?
And i think i might have this problem with NTSC-J games. I don't get it. When I load the game through the wii gator thing, I get to a loading screen, shows some logos and gets me to the main menu I think. Then there's a highpitched buzz and everything freezes. Btw the game I'm trying to get to work is Dream Mix TV World Fighters just fyi

Eichro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
But isn't that the reason people use region-free enabling homebrews?
Or it has something to do with the copies being original or something?

Eichro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh well... But aren't component cables for progressive scan and stuff? (I'm really noobish about this kind of stuff) My TV is really old (like, it isn't even Stereo), so I don't know if it's compatible with component cables...

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Eichro said:
Oh well... But aren't component cables for progressive scan and stuff? (I'm really noobish about this kind of stuff) My TV is really old (like, it isn't even Stereo), so I don't know if it's compatible with component cables...
I don't think your TV can use it then
tongue.gif

Isn't it an option to just download the NTSC-U versions of the games? It costs a few DVDs but they will more than likely play perfectly. Only downside is that you can't use your old saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Plus a lot of the times they just seemed half hearted attempts