PAL GC game on NTSC Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bluetieman, Jul 9, 2007.

Jul 9, 2007

PAL GC game on NTSC Wii by bluetieman at 12:25 PM (806 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. bluetieman
    OP

bluetieman Newbie

Hi! I have a PAL GC game which I am trying to run on an NTSC Wii with the WiiKey and region free option turned on. I am able to run Mario Striker PAL (Wii) with no problem; however, when I try to play Luigi's Mansion PAL (GC), I get this green screen, but with the volume and the game obviously running. I ran this through the GCOS multiboot with some NTSC games on it and I tried to burn the game separately to no avail (the NTSC games on the multiboot disc work). GCOS allows you to choose the PAL or NTSC setting, but playing around with that and the settings does no good. The PAL torrent is the only public one out there, so I would appreciate any and all help on solving this problem and getting this going. Thanks!

2. GeekShadow

Member GeekShadow GBAtemp Fan

France
  3. hogg

Member hogg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had that problem with mario tennis,so i used GCMUtility to shrink it after that it worked
    hope that helps you [​IMG]

4. bluetieman
    OP

bluetieman Newbie

Through this utility, you were able to make a PAL game run on an NTSC Wii? I'm surprised that no one else has had this problem...

5. dsbomb

Member dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Some games just do not work. Consult the wiki linked above, submit your experiences for others to learn.