Hacking PAL GC game on NTSC Wii game w/ Wiikey?

inthejuxion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was just wondering if a pal gc game would work on my wii ntscu console with wiikey. I am pretty sure there is a way to do it. Will it work just like any other game where i just put it in and i play or do i have to use a certain program to run it? thanks.

edit: Title was supposed to be PAL GC game on NTSC Wii "CONSOLE" w/Wiikey.

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have an SD card? Do you have the homebrew channel? If so, ill tell you how to get region free games to work from the disk channel
biggrin.gif

inthejuxion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Framework43 said:
Do you have an SD card? Do you have the homebrew channel? If so, ill tell you how to get region free games to work from the disk channel
biggrin.gif
Yep, I got both^^.

PS. BTW, I tried running it just as it is on the disc channel but it says disc not recognized.

Kusan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can use GC Booter 1.0 (which runs through Homebrew Channel). BUT, you wont be able to play them, at least the 2 games I tried (Baten Kaitos and Spartan: Total Warrior) I could only hear the sound, but no images were displayed at all. Maybe someone knows how to fix this?

inthejuxion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tired gc booter but melee didnt work. it went to green screen and the wii turned off. o_0' i will try starfall to see if it works. maybe it's just my iso? Winrar cannot open it btw. it says the file might be corrupt or something...

inthejuxion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k thanks a lot^. i will try to get another copy.

PS. BTW, is the starfall regionfree thing for Wii games as well? If yes, does it get rid of updates or do I have to use brickblocker for that?

inthejuxion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh, this is getting annoying. i got another one but winrar also says again "this file may be in unknown format or damaged" is there any way of checking if it REALLY is corrupt because I dont want to waste another dvd. (I heard you can check the wii isos with wiibrickblocker because it shows u the info after you choose the file so I was wondering if you could do that with gcn games but a different program)

Kusan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you sure it's on RAR format?
It may probably be a hjsplit file.

To boot GC Games you can also try Gecko OS 1.07b, you can change it to be region free and force video to NTSC mode.

inthejuxion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i got another iso but it is NTSC so I dont think the region thing is the problem:( maybe both my files have been corrupt
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM