GCN PAL Games on PAL GameCube at 480p Using SD Media Launcher and Swiss

NLALEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm trying to get my GameCube to pump out a proper 480p signal as let's be honest, it's the best I'm going to get on the original hardware. Unfortunately I'm stuck with a PAL GameCube and PAL collection of games, none of which support 480p for no reason that can be properly justified.

Using the SD Media Launcher (codejunkies) and Swiss, would I be able to force PAL games on a PAL machine to output 480p directly from the disc? I know the software is capable of forcing that signal, but I can't absolutely determine if I can do so on a solely PAL setup, and want to make sure before dropping hard cash on all this gubbins. I just want my old games to not look like hot sick on my HD TV.

Cheers.

kutteke

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You could force it. however loading from SD is superslow. My advice: buy a wii with gamecube controller ports. mod it, install your games to USB hardrive and buy a component cable for wii. The combined price of this will be about the same as you would spend on everything you need on NGC and you will have a superior image quality.
The gamecube component cable is just crazy expensive.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

PS i hope you arent using composite to try this, because it will never work with those cables

NLALEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could force it. however loading from SD is superslow. My advice: buy a wii with gamecube controller ports. mod it, install your games to USB hardrive and buy a component cable for wii. The combined price of this will be about the same as you would spend on everything you need on NGC and you will have a superior image quality.
The gamecube component cable is just crazy expensive.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

PS i hope you arent using composite to try this, because it will never work with those cables
The Wii advice is sound, but I'm limiting myself to GC hardware as it's primarily to test out a GC HDMI adapter. I'm hoping to run not from ROMs on the SD itself, but launch directly from PAL discs.

NLALEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It will work for some games but will have a lot do with it the game has an inbuilt 60hz option or not.

(LINK)

Above should give you the information you need to decide whether worth doing, I suppose it depends on what games you want to play!
Ah nice one, thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup