Gaming PAL Games on NTSC Wii

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, if this question has already been answered somewhere else I'm really sorry but anyways, I have an NTSC Wii, with 4.0U firmware, softmodded and I have a mod chip. I always use WiU1.1 to block any updates from games if there are any. Some of the games that have been released recently are only in PAL format, so I am wondering, am I able to play these games on my Wii or do I have to wait for the NTSC version to be released? I have read about how you can use the program that I have to block updates from PAL games so I dont brick my Wii but just want to be sure. Worse comes to worse I will just wait on those games. Thanks so much!

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apk07 said:
If you have HBC and Usb loader GX you can just select Autopatch and play whatever PAL games you want

I have Homebrew channel but all I have on it is the backup launcher..I dont have USB loader GX..I just have the homebrew channel and my modchip..I always use WiU1.1 to patch updates so it doesnt appear, if that helps in anyway who knows, but Ive never gotten an update but I have read that if you dont patch a game and you by accident update a game, that it can brick the wii so of course I dont want that to happen

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ryu4000 said:
Just keep doing what your doing should have no problem playing pal games.

Hey there, haven't seen you online in a while. So using WiU1.1 to patch games is fine to use for PAL games, then I can just burn em and play it in my NTSC Wii, I dont have to do anything else? Thanks :-)

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
be sure to set your video mode to PAL otherwise you'll get a black screen when loading the game....

at least I think so
smile.gif

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dysan said:
be sure to set your video mode to PAL otherwise you'll get a black screen when loading the game....

at least I think so
smile.gif

How do I change the video mode to PAL..and can it be changed back to NTSC when I play a US game

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
in USB Loader GX (and similar for all other loaders) under video settings you'll have the option... and you'll want to set it to 'force ntsc'. USB Loader GX lets you save this setting for each individual game, but with a 'global' setting for default. I play PAL games all the time... sometimes because they get released first, sometimes because they're exclusive to PAL (Rugby, Cricket, Disaster Day of Crisis, etc).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs