PAL games on NTSC System

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jc265, Mar 27, 2007.

1. jc265
    OP

jc265 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2007
    United States
    I'm getting ready to install my wiikey, but I have one question...like the topic says, will a PAL game play on a NTSC system? If not, is there a program to convert PAL to NTSC? I've seen NTSC to PAL converters, but not the other way around.

Thx

2. mustnap

mustnap GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2007
    United States
    some PAL games will have no problem being played on NTSC/U system. I've tried Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII PAl on my NTSC machine. No problem what so ever..

check this list

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php/Wii_Regi...patibility_List

(but that list confuses me.. i could play Blazing Angles PAL version.. hurm..)

3. dsbomb

dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2007
    United States
    Illinois, USA
    I've been having trouble getting PAL games to load up on my NTSC/U with a Wiikey. So far, the ones I've picked up just get a disc error. Bad luck maybe? I'll have to get a confirmed working one and make sure it isn't just my system...

And let's all add our experiences to the Wiki you linked there. There is a fairly poor showing of PAL-to-NTSC/U games, 12 out of 130+?

4. noomeng

noomeng Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2006
    I too have problems running PAL on my US console. I wasted about 10+ expensive DVD-r's.....then I gave up. NOt worth the money + time. I'll just wait for the US releases. [​IMG]

5. dsbomb

dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2007
    United States
    Illinois, USA
    Um, pick up some DVD+RW discs. Then you can test any of them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice