Hardware Pal games on an NTSC system?

PURPLEMUSTANG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking about importing an NTSC system to be used on an NTSC TV ,But all the games here are PAL.
Will I have a problem playing them?My NTSC ps2 used to play pal games granted that it was modchipped.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right now there is no way to play Wii games across regions.

Wait for a version of Freeloader for the Wii to come out, then you can use that. It will be the cheapest and most simple solution when that becomes available.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the PAL Wii is capable of outputting a 480i 60Hz signal... Wouldn't that work on an NTSC TV?

nevixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the PAL Wii is capable of outputting a 480i 60Hz signal... Wouldn't that work on an NTSC TV?

Yes, the only problem you might run into is the voltage. In The Netherlands we are using 220~230V AC, vs US where they are using 110V DC(not 100% sure).
If that is the case you'll have to buy a transformer.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But he has an NTSC console and wants to play PAL games on it. Regardless of if his system will work on an PAL TV, the games from that region will not work on his Wii. He will need to buy NTSC region games from the region of the console.

Keep in mind that, for example, Japan is NTSC, but so is North America. They are still different regions (J) and (U), so make sure you get the games from the right region, or use Freeloader when it comes out, like I suggested before.

Ahh, I just caught the part where he hadn't actually got the system yet. If that's the case, by all means get a PAL system if it will work with your TV. If the above poster is correct, just be aware than you won't be able to get 480p if the systems aren't compatible.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
from what I read he actually lives in a PAL region, so the voltage problem should be non-existant. What I worry more about is that it might be possible that NTSC might have different colour encoding than the PAL60 output, so I can't guarantee it works.

arixc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
guys, I have a NTSC wii and last week a friend of mine that returned from Australia bring to me the wii play pack (wii play + mote). Te wii play is PAL (like every other australian wii game) and my wii doesn't even read it, a message appears on the screen saying that you should contact the person who sell you the game blah blah blah.

So like some other one said before here, there is NO way to make PAL games run on a NTSC wii and viceversa, just wait for a freeloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Also another 70TB going in the front mount drive bays of this server. 182tb raw, going to...